What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator Advise, tips vectorizing an image

Hi,

I really want your advise and tips on how to vectorize this image. 2014-03-03_185922.png

Already started with the pen tool tracing the image, but I stopped. How on earth would I add the highlights and shadows? Really want to vectorize this image I like it and I can learn a lot along the way.

Perhaps some of you experts can give me some advice/tips on how to do this.

Thanks in advance.

This route will take a lot of practice but definitely worth it. I've spent a good few hrs just playing around with the basics of the Mesh tool, but a fully vector image with that amount of non-linear shading & highlights. That is what I would recommend.

Basics of the Mesh Tool

Try that tutorial, and then search for something slightly more complex, and work up from there.

I looked up a few tutorials about the mesh and how to color it. Awesome!!! Tedious and time-consuming, but I can get the best result. Thanks.

Back