What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advise

gunnah

I have a large image that has yellow blotches all over. In the same image if you zoom into the white section through the middle of the image you can see these blotches. If you turn off Red and Green chanell and look at just the blue channel the become easily identifiable black spots. What's the best way to remove these?

blotches.jpg

HI @gunnah
There are a number of ways of correcting color problems yet the best approach depends on the entire image.
One approach could easily fix the blotchy yellow-green areas for this sample area of you image yet depending on what is in the rest of the whole image may not be the most productive approach i.e. are there other yellow green areas in the image you want to preserve?

Also, this part of the image is very non-distinct and appears quite blurry. It is unclear if the whole image appears the same.

I suggest using a file sharing site for you large image so forum members can suggest the best answer for the whole image. Otherwise you might get of suggestions that could be quite unsatisfactory.
Just a suggestion
John Wheeler

If you convert your image to a smart object, you can use the "Color Noise Reduction" of the "Camera Raw Filter"...

If the "Color Noise Reduction" has removed too many spots, you can bring them back via the layer mask.

Does anyone use Color noise reduction under the Noise Reduction panel in Lightroom? And if you do, does it help much? I always slide it to 100 anyways but find it doesn’t do much bad or good.

Back