What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Align objects in canvas

Allan Prospero

Hello, this is my very first post. I actually registered because I'm struggling with an issue which is driving me nuts. First off, my understanding of the app is very very limited, I can barely tell the difference from between various components and commands but I desperately need to make some changes on a PDF file. Am I allowed to upload it and then ask you questions? Thanks.

Allan Prospero

Sure, as long as it does not contain nudity or profanity.
No, it's a floor plan.
So, I need to erase all the text (not the measurements) and then place the rest of the object in the absolute center of the canvas. Before doing so, can I resize the canvas to something like 3200x2300 and then place the floor plan to the middle and center?

01.png

thebestcpu

Guru
You bet, my mistake and took out my post and here are the instructions
1) Paint pure white over the text
2) Use the Image > Trim command Using white as the upper left corner
3) I used Topaz Gigapixel to enlarge to provide a sharper image yet all you need to do is use Image > Image Resize and set pixel width to 3200 (don't worry about height for this image) You should now have the width solved
4) Now used Image > Canvas Size and set the dimension type to pixels (don't check relative) and set height to 2300 pixels

That should give you the result. If you need any more clarity just ask
Hope this gets you started
John Wheeler

Allan Prospero

You bet, my mistake and took out my post and here are the instructions
1) Paint pure white over the text
2) Use the Image > Trim command Using white as the upper left corner
3) I used Topaz Gigapixel to enlarge to provide a sharper image yet all you need to do is use Image > Image Resize and set pixel width to 3200 (don't worry about height for this image) You should now have the width solved
4) Now used Image > Canvas Size and set the dimension type to pixels (don't check relative) and set height to 2300 pixels

That should give you the result. If you need any more clarity just ask
Hope this gets you started
John Wheeler
Thank you, I'll try that out.