What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Text Appearing at 1 Pixel Size

Blue Leader

Greetings,

I've been having a problem with Photoshop and can't figure out how to correct it.

I was working on an image when I tried to add some text to it. I noticed I couldn't see it, so I increased the text size to 72 just to see what was going on. I could now see the text, but the text came out extremely tiny, at around 1 pixel tall an 1 pixel wide for each character. The image I was working on is 1024x1024, so font should not be that tiny.

I opened up a new document at 50x100 pixels and it had the same problem. Even at size 72 font it was still only one pixel in size.

I can't figure out for the life of me how to fix this. Does anyone know how I can go about correcting this issue?

If it helps, I'm using Photoshop CS2. It's older, yeah, but it's what I'm most comfortable with.

try resetting your tools . just a suggestion

Hi Blue, I'm not an expert in Photoshop but I know a little about typography.

What is the document resolution you are working with? To check go to Image and choose Image Size and check the dpi. I know font point size in Photoshop scales with the document resolution, not the pixel dimensions. I don't know if that is your problem, but it might be worth checking because if the dpi is set very low then 72pt font would appear small. Try setting it to 300 and see if the 72pt font still looks small... if so then I guess it's another issue.

Hi Blue, I'm not an expert in Photoshop but I know a little about typography.

What is the document resolution you are working with? To check go to Image and choose Image Size and check the dpi. I know font point size in Photoshop scales with the document resolution, not the pixel dimensions. I don't know if that is your problem, but it might be worth checking because if the dpi is set very low then 72pt font would appear small. Try setting it to 300 and see if the 72pt font still looks small... if so then I guess it's another issue.
Ah, it seems that was the problem. Thanks.

I just created a new document, set the resolution to 72, and copied everything over from the original file. Seems to work just fine now.

Thank you. I didn't think of the resolution...

Back