What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aloha

gare

Power User
You?ve probably noticed some things going on at PSG. There?s been a significant decline in exchanges?postings?and most significantly, Mark the Keeper has turned the operation over to the very diligent, capable stewardship of Neo (AKA Reg), who has built a very nice resource at. Neo intends to revamp, fortify, and revitalize PSG and I?m all for it...but like all of us, I have a lot of irons in the fire and this seems like a logical point in time to retire my spurs and resign as a PSG moderator.

I?ve enjoyed the work and don?t regret a moment of the hours I?ve spent devising tutorials, monthly contests and researching answers for some world-class stumpers that?ve been posted. I?m delighted to have discovered new friends I?d never had met on the street, thanks to the technological wonder of the net, and hopefully some of you have found a new friend in me. I wish Neo all the best of luck and I?ll certainly be dropping in from time to time as a civilian.?

I?m a career teacher, usually expressed through my books, and as that I?m not really surrendering anything of my trade by turning my post over to another face here. My wife and I spend this spring re-inventing TheBoutons.com ; it?s a portal site with our own forum now, Pixel Dust , that?s obviously smaller than PSG because it?s newer. But we have high hopes, and we?re using the same forum software as PSG, so if you?d like to come visit, you?ll feel right at home. I?d like to thank Neo for his largesse in letting me plug our forum here.

So as one door closes, another opens. Or as the Hawaiians say for both ?goodbye? and ?hello?---aloha, friends.

My Best,

Gare

Well Gary,

Iit's a bit sad to see the changing of the guard, but I know Mark's left things in very capable hands, and I look forward to what Reg has up his sleeve. I've never been one to equate change with "bad", just a new direction.

I can't thank you enough for what you brought to the table here, super insights and skills, unflagging sense of humor, and real patience in your teaching. 8))

You can't count on seeing me over at PixelDust.

Good luck and thanks again.

-Steve

Gare, thanks again for what you've done for Photoshopgurus.
You have contributed many times and even during those moments that there was a lack of participation, especially the last couple of months, it didn?t stop you from what you always loved to do, which is sharing your love for and knowledge of graphics design and art.

You have not only done this at Photoshopgurus, but you have also been a regular contributor at the talkgraphic forums, you wrote many articles on several sites and let?s not forget your major contribution as author of many books (and I probably forget to list a lot of other things).

For those who don?t know this, this book:

csbook.jpg

was actually written during the glory days of Photoshopgurus and even has a bit of PSG in it that we can be proud of. Two PSG members have contributed to this book; always laughing Sue (nickname SFM) provided Gare with the picture of the pelicans on the front cover (shot by herself in beautiful Queensland Australia) and the ever so charming Wendy (nick name Wbiss) contributed as far as I know by writing a chapter (correct me if I?m wrong).

Gare, I wish you and your wife all the best and in good health and continue to have as much fun with graphics like you always had. Take good care of yourself and hopefully we talk again one day!

Reg.

"... aloha, Gare" and thank you ... I have learned sooo much from your posts here at PSG (all those fonts, the challenges etc) ... and your patience, advice, encouragement and helpfull comments would have given many, I am sure, more than just a 'Photoshop experience' to take away with them.?You have been a gentle man amoungst gentlemen. Again, thank you ... and I truely hope that your new ventures will be all that you expect (and more) and that you will continue to drop by as a "civilian" ....? "... aloha, Gare" .... 8)) ... regards ... namvet

Gary...

I have to further extend a hearty THANK YOU VERY MUCH for helping PSG to grow over the years. Adding your sections to this community was one of the smarter decisions i made around here. And we're all very greatful for the time and work you invested in your boards. They helped add a pleasant depth to the forum overall.

To you and yours i wish a successful journey, and i'm sure we'll be bumping into each other here and elsewhere in the future.

To SCync

You said: "You can't count on seeing me over at PixelDust." I'm guessing that you actually meant to say "You CAN count on seeing me...". hehe :perfect:

Thanks again, Gary. It's been a pleasure and an honour to "meet" you at PSG.
Well, maybe I'll make a tour to the pixel dust lounge ;)

Gare, I owe my Photoshop know how to you ever since your Photoshop 2 Book. 8))

Sad your leaving the house. And just when I've returned. I'm sure the other oldies would miss you. Wishing you and yours all the good fortunes and blessings in life.

And as we say back home..... Paalam. Maraming salamat po sa inyo. 8))

P.S. I'd love to snap up that new book. But it's not available here yet. Patience and hoping CS2 doesn't come out.

sPECtre said:
To SCync

You said: "You can't count on seeing me over at PixelDust." I'm guessing that you actually meant to say "You CAN count on seeing me...". hehe :perfect:

Whoa, ya you got that right.... what do you call that? FINGER FART??

Back