What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alt Click Layer Zoom

evren

when i alt click a layer it zooms to that layer..

is there a way to disable that?

when i alt click a layer it zooms to that layer..
What do you mean that it "zooms" to that layer???? What Tool do yu have selected when you perform the ALT + Click??? Are you clicking on the canvas or are you clicking a layer in the layers panel?

What do you mean that it "zooms" to that layer???? What Tool do yu have selected when you perform the ALT + Click??? Are you clicking on the canvas or are you clicking a layer in the layers panel?
I alt click on a layer on layer panel n it zooms to that layer

As far as Ps terminology is concerned, a zoom refers to the act of zooming in or making the image larger and closer to view, or zooming out which means making the image smaller and farther to view.

The Zoom Tool can be affected by the ALT key. When selected, the Zoom Tool is in (+) positive or zoom in mode. When you press the ALT key, changes the Zoom Tool from (+) zoom in to (-) negative zoom out mode.

i made a video

when i alt+click a layer it zooms to layer like this

how we disable it?

ezgif-5-1302f19589.gif

Gotta ask - if you don't want to zoom when you alt+click a layer, why are you doing it?

i do it to un-expand the layer options drop down menu

sorry for bad english

i do it to un-expand the layer options drop down menu

sorry for bad english
I think I understand what you're saying - it might be you're clicking in the wrong space.

Here's an example of an expanded layer stack:

1680812274543.png

The rd arrow is pointing to the small arrow that both expands and contracts the layer stack. If you click om that small arrow, here's what you get:

1680812395611.png

If I click on it again, the layer stack expands:

1680812558689.png

If you alt+click, the layer stack will change but you'll also zoom in on the layer itself.

Don't alt+click - just click on the small arrow to expand or contract the layer stack

I hope this answers your question.

i alt+click to apply the action to all layers
Aha! Now I understand. Youre missing a key...

Here's a group of expanded layers - just hold down Ctrl + Alt and then click on the small arrow (Cmnd + Opt on Mac)

Sample of expanded layers:

1680871058582.png

Now holding down Ctrl + Alt, click on the small arrow:

1680871134110.png

All collapsed with no zooming of any layer.

Hope this time I answered the question. :)

Back