What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Am I using the wrong mouse to edit with?

bozojim

Hello,
I'm a newbie. I did not know where exactly to park this post in the appropriate forum.

I have been a Photoshop user ever since I started out with an earlier versions of Adobe Photo Deluxe 2.0 years ago, then gradually went through other versions of Photoshop 6,7,and now CS3.
I'm am not a graphic designer, but need some tips on which is the better mouse to use when tracing around subjects when deleting backgrounds.

What the Quick selection or magic wand does not delete around my subject, I'll have to go around and closely delete any artifacts left over to make a very clean output. BUT...the mouse I'm using gets sticky and does not have free, gliding, more control movement to steadily go around the subject without getting held up, and making me accidentally erase stuff I don't need to erase, only to EDIT>STEP BACKWARD more often.

This is a Dell Logitech mouse, Do Most people that use this or any other editing program like Illustrator, Photoshop, Corel, etc., have to deal with this problem too, or is the standard in editing using a mouse has better results using a wireless mouse, instead of a plug in mouse?

I also have a Fellowes Wrist rest and mouse pad, which may have to be replaced after eight years, but I'm thinking it's more of a mouse problem.

I would like something that GLIDES and has more control than this mouse and pad. yes, I did take the ball out and cleaned the inside and blew out any dust with compressed air but still sticky.

Thanks for any suggestions or please post this to the appropriate forum, Thank you!

Back