What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Animated Rain

Alexandria

The size I get from the images are 3000 x 1556px (constraint proportions), that leaves a grey space on top and bottom of rain.psd (3000 x 2000) after placing the image. If I then save and open the gif to resize, it ALWAYS remains with that grey space on top and bottom. I have also tried just "save as" the .psb in order to use always ... but that doesn't work either

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
OK.

The following screenshots are just an example, it's only meant to demonstrate the size disparity and not to be done when actually using these documents to make the GIF you are wanting. This has already been discussed.

You are not understanding that that the original "Left, Right, Middle PSB mock-up file/document" is 3000px x 2000px.
(Also note the resolution difference)
Screen Shot 2021-04-04 at 9.58.14 AM.png

Your woman on couch "sample.PSD" file /document is 2486px x 1556px
Screen Shot 2021-04-04 at 9.59.34 AM.png

When you add the "sample.psd" file to the "Left, Right, Middle, PSB mock-up file/document you have a size difference.
Screen Shot 2021-04-04 at 10.00.54 AM.png

This is why you have the "grey space".

You have to transform the "sample.psd" file/document to fill the space of the PSB file/document.
Screen Shot 2021-04-04 at 10.07.29 AM.png

Any size changes made to the finished GIF are done after all your layers are in place..............as I explained in post #20!!

Remember we are dealing with a smart object. When you double click on the layer that reads, "Your Photo Here-Double Click & Paste"....you only add the background layer
Please go back and read post #15....
IamSam said:
This is the part were I see you getting confused. You have to only add the BG to the PSB smart object.

The BG layer along with all other added layers have to be transformed to fit the PSB document size which is 3000px x 2000px!!

Edit: This does not work.
Having stated the above, a simple solution might be to resize the "Left, Right, Middle PSB mock-up file/document" before you ever start. Maybe to same dimensions of your "sample.psd" (2486px x 1556). Use "Save As" and rename after you have resized. Then add in your layers and you won't need to transform them to fit............at least not as much.

Alexandria

I did read all the posts very, very carefully, umpteen times. I had a severe brain injury and am FORCED to read every word ten times over, doesn't always mean I "understand" it. With that said, I did only add the background to "Your Photo Here-Double Click & Paste". Here is a sample:
aa.png
After I transform (Ctrl + T) to fit, half the image is gone:
bb.png

Since I "don't get it", I tried to resize the .psb like you said to 3000 x 1556px, also opened the "Your Photo Here-Double Click & Paste" and resized that too, then I added the background which is 3000 x 1556px ORIGINALLY and this happened:
sample.png

What can I say, I give up :rolleyes::confused:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
What can I say, I give up
Don't give up. I'm not trying to be anything other than helpful. I deeply apologize if you feel like I'm not.

I'm sorry, but the two images you uploaded above don't make sense for me. I still see the animated rain on the girls arm/shoulder/back....................that should not be there if you had placed the girl/window/curtains in layers above the smart object layer. If this was what you did, the animated rain would only appear above the background SO layer and below/behind the girl/curtains/window layers.
Screen Shot 2021-04-04 at 7.28.29 PM.png

Also, once the background has been added to the Smart Object, it should be fixed. Only the girl, the window, the curtains should have moved after a transform.
I aligned a guide line on the back edge of the doorway in the background............notice how it's moved?
Screen Shot 2021-04-04 at 7.39.32 PM.png

So I genuinely apologize but I'm very confused.

Also, this was the girl from the sample image you posted in post #14. (I have been assuming that this was the image you were trying to use since this is how you had it cropped in the file you uploaded.)
Screen Shot 2021-04-04 at 7.32.59 PM.png

Which fit perfectly in the final GIF. (I did lower her down a bit)
Screen Shot 2021-04-04 at 7.33.40 PM.png

Since I "don't get it", I tried to resize the .psb like you said to 3000 x 1556px, also opened the "Your Photo Here-Double Click & Paste" and resized that too, then I added the background which is 3000 x 1556px ORIGINALLY and this happened:
Yes, I'm not sure why but it does this to me as well. So..........this obviously doesn't work.........so forget this idea. We're back to resizing after you have completed adding the other layer.

Alexandria

Don't apologize, you HAVE been VERY helpful, I just get exasperated with myself at times when something doesn't work, I ma not used to that.

I didn't use the original images, I just took something from desktop "to delete" just to show what I meant. I understand the final rain and layers thing fine now. But the original image is the top one in post #24, which gets lost when transforming. I think maybe another rain animation would be the solution like in your window image, one I can make for 3000 x 1556 px :)