What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Animation Effect...

stOrM!

Close?

Mark! thats absolutly great!
Wish I could do that but it seems I have not that much knowledge I'm still a beginner I realised that on myself while I'm trying and trying...

I have the complete animation and how it looks like with the glass...
Problem is all pictures are on one layer but gives you the idea how it will looks like animated...

Please take a look on the attachment...

kindest regards
s!

BTW.
Would love to get that animation :D

theKeeper

Guru
That looks great Storm. 100 frames huh? Have you tried animating it yet? I read somewhere that anybody can REPLACE the current ani running in their browser if they know where the files are to switch up. I forget where i saw that though it was about 2yrs ago now.

I noticed that your image looks a fair bit like that example ya showed me... are you ok with that? [honesty]

Ahhh... here's the page i got that info from: http://www.resexcellence.com/hack_html_99/06-19-98.shtml :D

stOrM!

Oh that zip file was just for showing you how they made the animation it isn't mine [confused]

Could you send me your animation example to let me see how everything is done? So maybe I got a clue where to start and what I have to do to make my own? that would be great Mark!

regards
s!

Lompoc42

You know Storm, there's a nifty little tute in the tute's section on how to make a yin yang pretty easily. I just happened to have made it myself. ;\ Every good Taoist should know how! :D
keep on the Path :rofl: :rofl: B7
Lompoc42

stOrM!

Couldn't find the Ying/Yang Tut [doh]

Here I animated it well isn't very accurate sorry because of really fast cut and paste all the layers to get the animation... but I think it looks cool [innocent]

ljiljana

Guru
Hi StOrM
Ying-Yang looks great! If you need specific tut ,you can go to google.com
and search: ying-yang tutorial in PS.

Animation is not my " cup of tea" but I would like to ask you :how can I post the animation? I have a few and I save it for the web ,but it saves only one frame. :D

stOrM!

Oh thats easy B7
In Imageready: you just need to go to: File/save optimized version...

regards
s!

stOrM!

Since I don't have the knowledge of most of the Forum Members here yep I call myself a beginner :)

Thank you!

regards
s!

ljiljana

Guru
Hi StOrM Thank you. :)
I did that and now I want to post it here?Do I have to transfer file with
FTP. Pls, tell me how to post it? ;) I am a bigginer too. :)

stOrM!

Nope you don't have to use FTP for that...
When you post into the Forum here, you will find an entry while posting called Filename next to it a Button if you press that button your able to choice your graphic to post here...

afther pressing submit your file shoud be posted...
BTW. be aware of the Filesize 150 KB Limit also on the extension you can move your mouse over a small box and you see which extensions are allowed like: gif, jpg, jpeg and so on...

hope that helps [innocent]

regards
s!

stOrM!

Mark!
I need you're opinion about this:

ljiljana

Guru
OK! It does not showing the colour?Mmm..What I am doing wrong?
Thank you StOrM. :)
Mark that is great! :perfect:

stOrM!

Huh?
Now its getting hard for me cauze of my english I have something in mind maybe that will be your problem but not sure you can give it a try:

their is a window on your Imageready called something like optimizing...
in that Window I had the following:

GIF 256 Colors
Adaptiv white Backround
No Dither

[/] Tranparence

If you don't see that window look into Windows/Optimizing and bring it back...

I guess if you use the same settings like me you should have colors in your animation afther saving it... (hopefully!) [saywhat]

theKeeper

Guru
Storm?... wussup?

Here's a link to the PSD animation (IR) file for that ani: ying yang logo animation.zip

Let me know if ya have an trouble with it. And man... i hope this isn't the PS version of the file... if it is, we're screwed! [doh] [confused]

Hey... this is a new "Throbber" (i.e. the animation in the topright corner of your browser) i made for my browser. :D

stOrM!

Wow that looks also cool Mark!

The Problem at all is:

See I have only for the Maintoolbar which should hold all the Buttons and Browsernavigation Elements 65 px * Screenwidth...

I'm not really sure how to make this little Bar cool looking (fill with nice Elements / Buttons) seems I'm lost of inspiration their :{

I'm not really sure what to use on it, especially what kind of effects or whatever I should use...

In my opinion it should be something decent but also cool so I had the idea of a smooth metal thats while I've choicen the backround you see from the example... But I also love those Glass Elements so thats while I was making a simple Navigation Bar out of Glass...

But I'm still not really satisfied with it [slick]

I really wonder what can make this little bar awesome looking?
Would love to get some inspiration from you if you have some time pleasure let me know your opinion!

regards
and thank you very much!
s!

stOrM!

Yep their is something I don't understand!

I've seen because of your animation you have only one Text Layer holding the Binary Code...

How did you make that? I mean thats exactly what I was trying to do also on my very first animation you remember the Animated Storm sig....
But I wasn't able to do that so thats why my sig is soooo big ...
and thats while I used so many Text Layers about 85 which isn't needed I know because of your technic it would might be something around max 10 or 15 only...

I'm not sure about that technic would be cool someday you make a tut of it [oops]

s!

Lompoc42

Wow Mark that throbber is really nice. Although I could see that one maybe being a little distracting! :p :D How would one go about putting they're own throbber in IE explorer? You're on PC if I recall correctly right? I know there's got to be ways to customize your whole array. Please advise :rofl: :rofl: B7
KOP

wbiss

Guru
Fabulous work and guidance Mark! :perfect: :}

stOrM! that navigation bar is looking really great! :perfect:

theKeeper

Guru
Thx Wendy. :D

Lompoc...

You can find out all about this subject by typing "Throbber" in the search engines. Here's a simple run-down though...

Basically you just create the image or animation. Scale the saved copy to 41x41 pixels. and another @ 48 pixels. This image can be as big as you want, but will stretch the height of the menubar in the browser if too big. File size is not an issue for this either.

Then you add a couple new string values in the registry and boom... a new throbber. [excited]
Use CAUTION when editing the registry please, unless you're a power user.

Sometimes the registry enter doesn't take the first time. If it doesn't work, open Regedit again and re-enter to new string values.

Storm...

I just type all my numbers on one type layer. Nothing special. When i reached a certain amount of numbers (to fit width of ani) i just hit Enter to move the type cursor down to the next line. Did that until i had all the number rows i needed. Then to animate 'em, i just nudged the numbers a few pixels right-to-left.

Understand? :B