What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another before and after work

nataloran

Hello All,

Here is an image I still had the before with me, I made it a while back... Hope you will like it ;-)

Ok here is the before (I promised the before is the green one, don't tell me it is better please hahahha)

6017126821_1aa47c7d0e_b.jpg

And here is the after ;-)
6017666376_27b420ef6b_b.jpg

As you can find out, it required taking off background, some brushes that I lighted up, picked up some wings that I transformed, and I ligthen up the avatar too to have an angelic white shirt and some burn and dodge tools work on it too as well as liquify to smoothen the pixels, and then finalised with a soft reflection.

This was called "um ave no chao" meaning a fallen Angel in Portugese ;-)

Hope you like it ;-)

Have a great smashing day !

Paul

Former Member
For me the male form is lost in the mix slightly, great reflection though.

Last edited:

nataloran

erm Paul it is a man lol ! Angel can me male no? damn I wanted a male angel maybe cause I am a woman? hahahah

Thanks for your comments though ;-)

Nice job natacha@nataloran

"Muito bom trabalho, ta legal seu projeto du anjo"

The only thing that caught my attention is the fractal flames, they seem a bit noisy, specially on the bottom left side, another thing will be the reflection, you could make it fade from top to bottom via layer masks and gradients.

Other than that, it looks pretty cool.

Vafann

Guru
I think it´s great, but to me it looks like it should be rotated, I keep bending my neck to try to see it straight. I don´t understand why you have done that, am I missing something? :)

nataloran

Thanks all for your comments first of all. The idea was not to catch attention on the fallen angel, the idea was to get the image as a all only. I did not want to focus the details on the guy... I agree that the brushes were poor resolution sadly. Now the reflection was on purpose, cause again the attention should be focused on the scenery ;-)

And Vanaff hmmmm it is called fallen angel so has he falled he did not fall in his feet (suppose his wings were not working anymore :p), in fact I had that raw shot and I did not know what to do with it lol, this is what came to my mind ;-)

Thank you again for your comments and have a lovely day ;-)

fenix

Guru
Nice one Nat! Maybe it wouldn´t hurt to add some shadows and dept to the guy tho.

alixman96

Nice one Nat! Maybe it wouldn´t hurt to add some shadows and dept to the guy tho.

yea but as u can see under the angel is a reflection so Idk how does shadows work on reflections?

nataloran

Thanks Fenix and Alix. Actually he is suppose to be as white as Angel ;-) and true I should have put a little shadow bottom edge of him. Alix the reflection would have been made after me adding shadow touch to body (we dont speak of shadows behind, well at least I think lol). So just on body and then reflection would not be affected if done after.

Well I hope you understand what I am saying.... Too late and too much stress in real;-)))

Tjank you again