What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Glass look...

stOrM!

Really curious about how to make this one?

any ideas?

regards
s!

Alistair

Guru
Like gaus would say, look at it, look at the colours, study the shadows and the diffrent shades of colours, and have it a go! Storm, if you can make marks pill tute really well, im sure you can do a duplication of this no prob without a tute :perfect: ;)

stOrM!

Yep well not sure about it really...

The problem for me is alsways the color things, like gradient color scheme especially when it comes to metal, glass which I will try to imitate... [confused]

regards
s!

ljiljana

Guru
Hey stOrM
Mark has a excellant tut for making glass button.Try it, you will learn a lot and be capable to understand how to get a glass effect. ;)

stOrM!

Thank you
Uhm I think I've made it for a few... [confused]

Like I say the colors are the problems... :{

regards
s!

stOrM!

Yep you're right!

I should do that Tut more than once I thought to get more and more into the details...

My brain is so sick it forgets to fast :D
Tx anyway...

Ah Mark would you mind to exchange our brains :)
Looks great what you did Mark as always...!

regards
s!

stOrM!

Mark!

Could you please help me with this:

Ok just to tell you today I gave your Glass Tut another try...
I was really trying to be much carefull while reading and rebuilding it this time (unusually for me :D )

But I noticed things I didn't as I made it the very first time:

1. It seems to be highly important, what kind of reflection picture I add to the Ball!

2. I was playing a bit with the quick mask and removed some part at the bottom of the Glass Ball...

a. Firstly it was really dark then afther using a softbrush / white color I removed some dark parts and added some bright parts...

So now if you look at the Bottom it had a small dark part and a little brightness which looks really good to me now B7

What would help me a lot:

I looked at your finished Image of that Tut and noticed really cool reflections which I like much because of your small blue balls...

So I would like to asked you do you can send me please that reflection you used??? [innocent]

While I looked on the Example I posted in this thread (The new Glass Style) I'm still not able to reproduce the color scheme of that Button [slick]

I'm not talking about Shape or whatever just the color itself, I play'd alot with crtl+U Dialog but doesn't came to the wanted color [confused]

Also to me it seems he used a Shape inside his Button am I wrong? [confused]

Also not sure which kind of reflection picture I need for it to get really close to that look of the Button :{

Would be more then great if you can suggest me what to do on that parts...

Here you can look on my new Try of your Glass Tut I think this time its the best I could receive from your Tut it looks good to me now... B7

kindest regards
s!

theKeeper

Guru
Storm that top blue image is from the KPT "ShapeShifter" plugin. It's a simple picture of a kitchen.

To create a decent looking reflection for this effect, all you need is an image that contains at least some bright and some dark areas. A kitchen photo is NOT essential. It's just a good starting point. I can create the same effect using a photo of a field below a large mountain range with blue skies above. Some light, and some dark areas is all that's essential.

The KPT plugin does a real good job of spherizing the 'environment' image. PS can't do it that well and still keep the image sharp/clean. But unless you're creating a HUGE button for print or something, that doesn't really matter much. The reflection gets lost/mixed in with the other elements in the image anyway.

stOrM!

Storm that top blue image is from the KPT "ShapeShifter" plugin. It's a simple picture of a kitchen.

I know Mark I just used it to see a difference while I did youre tut again and now it looks better as the right one which was for the first try of your tut don't use think?

What I ment because of the reflection is: do you have the reflection available which you have used for your Blue Glass Balls from your Final Image of your Glass Tut???? That would be great cauze I really like that reflection you used!

Hmmm doesn't answer my question really [confused]

Anyway let me try and see...

kindest regards
s!

Alistair

Guru
theKeeper said:
I'd suggest you try this tute, and when it comes to the part about "adding colour"... just put in whatever ya want for it. And try to remember how this part was done, for future reference. :B

http://photoshopgurus.info/intermediate/classy-glass_buttons/classy-glass_buttons.shtml

After the round buttons are made, you can easily change their basic shape, like these in this example image below. :perfect:
whoa mark! Kicking design there! What is that, the layout for nexy yrs. psg design? [stuned] [excited] :D ;)

theKeeper

Guru
Storm...
The reflection in the blue buttons is the exact same one as is in the sunburst buttons. All i did was change the colour. ;)

Alistair...
Nope. :D :p

stOrM!

Really?

Wooo it looks kinda different...
Need to search for pictures in the style you mentioned...
And make that Tut again more times to see what is possible and how it will look really I love that Glass Styles :D

Well but for a Logo that seems really hard! [innocent]
Not for everyone here [confused]

When will you make another one of your great Tut's Mark I need input :D

If allowed to make a suggestion, I would love to see how you handle details to let's say Interfaces... Not ordenary screws or stuff like that...

Maybe something new?!

You have so much knowledge and for me its a great pleasure to learn from all here thank you! :perfect:

regards
s!