What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another glassy/plastic orb...

[excited] [excited] [excited]
waiting...waiting...waiting...
No sleep for me now!

I hear! [sleepy]

[excited] ooooooh! ooooooooh! oooooooooh!

Am I right? [confused]

Ladies and gentlemen, we HAVE a winner! :perfect:

One exception though... use the spherize filter of the upsidedown image so it bulges slightly in the middle -- not the pinch filter as you did (or using a negative value in the spherize filter).

And another good point is that how much visible image you see through the glass ball is totally dependant on how far from the objects you are -- like your Photoshop text.
If the ball is sitting right on top of the text, as if on a piece of paper say, then the text would NOT be inverted... it would simply be magnified a LOT -- i.e. VERY spherically distorted; to the point where it could be completely illegible.
As you lift the ball off of the paper, the word Photoshop would get smaller and smaller (i.e. you would see more & more of it), until it became inverted... and then, it would continue to get very small, and featureless or blurry.
But it would always have a 'spherical' look to it, not a 'pinched' look. It would only 'pinch' if the glass was concave, instead of convex.

Great job Wendy, your tireless pursuit has paid off. [excited]

So i guess that ends this little story huh? :D
...or does it?...[innocent]

Phewww, I'm worn out too! This reading is hard to do!

Well Mark, Its over for me --Wendy Girl you wore me out! ;\

BTW thanks for all the good tips on how the appearance would change, good food for thought. I acually never gave much consideration to realism until I joined the forum. Now I see how important it is to design.

Keep on keeping on.:perfect:

my latest attempt...part II

I gotta keep trying I know I'll get it one of these days.

:)

SilverWolf --wow --Good, really! I don't deserve to look at such good work!!:D

I can see clearly now...

OMIGOD, I am so thrilled! [excited] I posted that last "guess" just before I left. AND, it was a "guess" 'cause I didn't have a glass orb to "peer through"... ;)

THANKYOU Mark for your patience in seeing me through this project, and, more importantly, your insistance that I discover the "secret" on my own. :perfect:

I have, since, purchased a glass orb and I can say quite confidently that I can see clearly now... ;)

SilvrWolf, you're doing a great job! :perfect: Don't give up! Look at how looooong I've been at it...

Thanks G-Man! :) After all my hard work on this one, I think that I'm gonna paper my puter now.

ooo nice one Wendy, i like the colours in that one. :perfect:

Try softening your edges just a tad. Use a Layer Mask so it's a non-destructive edit.

SilverWolf...
That's a really nice effect with the raod and mountains image. Great colours in that one too i like. [excited]

Looks like everyone's gettin' on well with this now.
Goodgood! [honesty]

top job Wendy :perfect: that is really well done I like it a lot :D
sfm

Thanks Sue!
Thanks for the 'softening' tip, Mark. :)

Hello everyone I just joined today and to start my first post off I tried the orb technique. I want too keep going at it like wBiss has so I can be satisfied with my work. I made this for a friend of mine at the pak0 forum.

Welcome aboard Hyper Tret! Good job, there with this challenge! :perfect: Your friend should be thrilled! :D

Back