What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another photoshop challenge...

Challenge

Sark is right two seconds is about all it takes..then add some highlights to the water..
Lasa

hmmm......? :\

Isn?t a way to do it without altering the fish colour?
The fish will always take on some of the colour from its surroundings. Blue water will give a slightly bluer tint, this is natural.

Here's my attempt at a Mediteranean look (7 seconds).

Add Hue/Sat Adjustment layer.

Check "Colorize"

Hue 200

Sat 35

Lightness +15

Set Hue/Sat Adjustment layers blend mode to Overlay.

Sark

Blue water

Sark... your fish is in clean clear blue Mediteranean water.

My fish swims in a glow-in-the-dark, neon-blue-toxic waterways off the Hudson river...very different waters...If the story holds true, they will turn into ninja-fighting-fish with muskateer names.

Very hard to compare the two.. :D
Lasa

Sark said:
Hue/Sat, would take 2 seconds. :)

Sark

I forgot to put WITHOUT using hue and sat or any of the other colour correction features in Photoshop. There are one or two that you wouldn't think of using but they are very powerful.

color-d'fish

There are alot of options with PS...some better then others....Sark pretty much hit the nail on the head.
Another easy way I had forgotten about is via "variations".
Image / adjustments / variations... pick the blue one and its done.

For some reason I always forget the lowely "variation"..its actually quite good if given a chance.
:D
Lasa

Trevor Somers said:
Sark said:
Hue/Sat, would take 2 seconds. :)

Sark

I forgot to put WITHOUT using hue and sat or any of the other colour correction features in Photoshop. There are one or two that you wouldn't think of using but they are very powerful.

HINT: I used levels in mine and each of the RGB B&W outputs sliders.

Try it... I think you will be amazed!!!! :} :} :} :}

Selective Colour > Neutrals
Cyans +
Magenta +
Yellow -

Not gonna post it.
If you want to see, try it for yourself.
:p 3[

Back