What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone remember how to install Photoframe in PS7?

I'm recovering from a crash and trying to install PhotoFrame 2.0 into PS7. Remember the problem?, the PhotoFrame wants to install in folder: Photoshp.exe (dropping the O because they were limited to 8 letters?. Newer os allows full name. I think Erik, you are familiar with the problem and the fix. But do you remember?

Hope some ones does. I did install the program in old PS5 and used Erik's technique of having plugins on C drive and making a shortcut to PS7's plugins but can't see to get the whole program to move over.

Joy, Instead of a shortcut to link to the folder, use the *Additional Plug-ins Folder* link feature in the preferences.
You will find it under the Plug-ins and Scratch Disk section.

Or, if you can access the PhotoFrame folder, try copying it directly into the Plug-ins folder. Remember to bring in the Frame libraries as well.

(This may be a 'Bum Steer' as I run a Mac, might be slightly different for PC?)

Al.

Hey Joy I did the same as what RA :D (yeah I'm lazy) said.......... all of my plugins are in one folder and they all use the file/preferences I think it is and browsed for my folder that contains all my plugins - this way if anything happened to ps I still had all of my plugins as I have lost them all too many times to count ;\
sfm

THANKS GUYS

Hey good ideas both. I did both and now I have 2 copies PhotoFrame running in PS7 :D :D :D I've some house cleaning to do but later. Sue, I like the C drive plugins with shortcuts to folder. Good idea. ;) ;) ;)

Al==the dragging in for the framedesigns worked very cool in my PC. I opened the CD using Run and I just dragged them in to plugin folders using windows explorer. I was suprised! [saywhat] [saywhat] [saywhat]

I am just gettin used to win2000 which I installed after the crash. And I have all data stored on D drive instead of C. A little getting used to but better I think. I loved win98 and hated to part with it. :(| . I see now we have to check "notify me when a reply is posted"

I have my plugins also in a separate folder, with each one in its own subfolder. Plus an extra subfolder with shortcuts to every plugin subfolder.
And in Photoshop's plugin folder, I load shortcuts to each plugin.
This way I can easily choose which ones I rarely use, and not load them.

Might as well chuck in my reasons. ;)

I have a MAC with options of OSX or OS9 for operating system.
I have a few OS9 and OSX extra plug-ins. Some are upgrades some are not.
My monster Wacom Digitizer II (tablet) is an older style serial connector, not a USB and only runs in OS9.
At one time I had Photoshop installed in each partition, with duplicate filters all over the place.

Being a thrifty soul, :rofl: I bought a Belkin Serial > USB converter which meant I could run the Wacom, but only in OS9.

Installing just one Photoshop and standard set of plug-ins, I saved oodles of space. All extra plug-ins and filters are installed in a separate folder.

Now if I want to use the Wacom I just startup in OS9 and only the OS9 version plug-ins load.

If I don't need the Wacom, just the OSX filters load. :B

Al.

Back