What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone with a little spare time to help me with my band logo?

Brick_top

(sorry.. I don't know where else to post this)

Hi everyone, I recently started a band with a friend of mine, and someone last night asked us to play this friday but we still don't have a Logo to make some publicity, I just started photoshop but I'm still very crappy at it, I was hoping someone could try something quick because I'm totally blank, all I can say is:

1 - The Band name is "A.R. Covers" (we play covers :rolleyes)
2 - The logo should occupy more or less 20% of the top of a A4

I was thinking of just the band name with some kind of effect, but I'm not able to do it in photoshop :(, and I didn't wan't to just use some clipart from word! I didn't want to use images of instruments or anything related to the type of music we play, I was aiming for simple "good" looking letters.

Any help is appreciated, Thanks... sorry if my english sounds strange

A couple of questions ....
first, what sort of typeface do you think would suit your image?
Here are a few samples:

2nd - straight line, or some other arrangement?
e.g.:

3rd - and plain colour, or with a style?
For example:

What kind of music do you cover? Pop? Rock? Soul? That could play a role in the style of lettering and anything else.

Without knowing what music is covered, I'd pick the fun font with the dots in it, but that's because I can't stand traditional type anymore. I'm sure plenty would say that's a terrible typestyle though.

Designing coverart isn't an easy thing, coming up with a logo can be a hard thing to do. Back when I had an 8088pc and graphics weren't as popular on computers as they are now, I wished I had Photostyler to help me out. I did do a logo for a band that was pretty big in Ska, eventually. Sadly a few years ago, they packed it in, but they used a vairation of the logo I designed for them back in the mid 80's, for quite some time. You may have heard of them. "The Urge". It helped to have a buddy in the band.

Back