What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

arkey to photoshop

ziggy

i wanna export from arkey (drawning programm ) to photoshop
when i save a drawning in arkey theformat is .drw
in witch format i need to save so i can export it to photoshop
thx

I'm not familiar with that program, do you have a URL for some more information or a download if it's available?

For opening in photoshop, it depends on how much you want available in photoshop. If you have separate layers and editable items of some sort, they'd have to be in PSD basically. But if you just want to open the image as a flat image, then you can save as pretty much any standard file format (e.g. JPEG, GIF, PICT, BMP, TIFF, etc.).

when i want export from arkey i can save them in .dxf,.dwg,.fbf
witch one i need to export to photoshop ,thx

None of the above, Ziggy. Those file formats are application specific, and are not formats that Photoshop recognizes.

To import the image into Photoshop, it has to be saved as one of the recognized standard formats, as has already been stated. If you cannot save as a .jpg, .gif, .tiff, or .png, then you will probably not be able to open the drawing in anything except the application that created it, your "Arkey," or other applications.

I belive .dwg 's are CAD drawings, you might try a web search to see if there are any conversion applications out there.

Nice avatar, Madeline!

I believe that DXF is also a CAD format... there is maybe a freeware CAD program that could export to PS. Photoshop can import in EPS...

Have you got Illustrator?

Or the printscreen method, if you zoom at the maximum... and then stitch the images on photoshop, using difference mode for precise placement...

Mods please merge with http://www.photoshopgurus.info/forum/viewtopic.php?p=65051#65051

Ziggy!

You could also make a copy to the clipboard of your arkey image via "alt/print scrn" using a Windows machine.
Then paste it into a new document in Photoshop and save it in any format available in PS. The draw back is that the image will not have layers anymore if it had to begin with.

anepu

Yea ziggy using a screen shot is about the only way it would work.

Arkey is a CAD system for designing buildings and those file formats are not supported in Photoshop

Back