What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arrange shapes...

samifox

Hi

How to arrange shapes. for example i made a shape and i substract shome shapes from it. now i want one shape to be in the front of the other one so it can substract it.

Thanks
Shay

pdog182

Select the shape you want to put in front, go to the layer menu, arrange, and "send to front." Or, just go to the layers pallete and arange your shapes there.

samifox

Hi

No...they are in the same layer by the add mode. the layer platte has nothing to do with that.

Shay

G

Select the shape with the Path Selection tool and then select Subtract on the toolbar.

wbiss

Guru
Good for you for "nailing this one" on speculation, G-Man!

Samifox, in the future, I would suggest that you try to (please) be a little more clear with your problem, as best as you can. And, should words fail you, then include a visual example of what it is you are trying to achieve.

For example, you should have stated that your shapes were on the same layer. It's difficult for anyone to find a solution when the "facts" of the problem aren't obvious. I, personally, read your query "umpteen times", trying to figure out exactly what you mean't... :\

samifox

hi

its was very insulting Wendy... but i forgive you.

(Try to speak Hebrew :D )

Shay

sPECtre

Guru
Shay... I'm sure that Wendy is aware of the fact that we come from different parts of the world!
I didn't find her comment insulting at all, she acted quite the opposite way : she gently asked you to try to provide as much info as possible to be able to help you better...

BTW Erik and I (just to name two) are not native English speakers, we live in the same country , but our mothertongue is not even the same... so your idea as to go trough two translations before it comes to our brains... the more info we get, the easier it'll be for everyone! :perfect: