What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Assigning Color Profile confusion-Please help

puppychew

Power User
Hi - lost my settings and now I'm not sure what to do about color profile.
Using Photoshop CC on Windows 10 laptop
I do renderings of house colors for people.

When I open up a photo in PS a screen pops up asking about the color profile. See attached.
I actually don't remember what I did before since I lost my settings but I choose Convert documents color to the working space. I thought this would be most accurate for some people may not even have a color profile. The problem is when I do that and add paint colors the colors are very drab and unnatural and don't match the paint chart. Name at top ends in RGB/8)*

If I choose the top option - Use the Embedded Profile Instead of Working Space. Here the colors I apply look correct but I would think that I need to use my working space right? Also the name at the top ends in RGB/8*)*

Please help me for the colors are very important to be correct. I do NOT use a printer. My work is for monitor viewing.

Do my Color settings look correct - please see attached.

Thanks!

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

PRESTON

You must use the embedded profile
at most later you could convert it to another profile

puppychew

Power User
Is it then if there is no profile that I use the working space?

The color settings also state: Unsychronized : Your creative cloud applications are not sychronized for consistent color.

What does that mean?

puppychew

Power User
I've been reading a lot on this and getting more confused. I converted it to my working space for consistency but the colors I apply are way off.

PRESTON

puppychew
The speech color and color profile is very serious
starts from how the camera is set
then you need to configure photoshop
and in between must be done the calibration of the monitor

you want to solve everything in a simple way
this is not possible because I don't know how you set it up
I spice not being able to go further and help you.

puppychew

Power User
Sorry, I really don't understand. For my business I get photos from people with different cameras. I don't know what their settings are. I would like to be able to render photos with consistent color and I don't know how to set up photoshop.

PRESTON

I did not know this However if in doubt, convert the file profiles to srgb so you won't have any problems

puppychew

Power User
Actually when I assign the working space of srgb the colors look drab in photoshop but when saved they look correct. I just wish I could see it one way all the time.