What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attack help!

Sensei

Hey there guys, so I'm trying to create graphics for a game, as a test run thing. One of the thing I would like to design is something similar to this video at 1:47: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFTvXXoDNRA
When they hit each other and that impact animation occurs, I was wondering.. How would I be able to duplicate the exact same thing using CS6?

I'm struggling to draw a replica of it, but I am decent with the effects, and getting there with animations.

So any tips of how I can draw it like that?

Thanks

Do a Google search on Photoshop light burst effects.

In just looking, I found this Light effect that looks promising (at least for me).

Thanks for the reply, that tutorial is awesome, the only problem I have is that.. It requires a colored background for the 'colour balance' to actually take effect.
Black blackground with the smudged part actually looks pretty awesome. But what I'm trying to do requires transparent background, did the exact same steps, doesn't come out nice.. At all D:

Tried to Google it, but didn't really get any helpful tips.

Tried to use BG Eraser, made it look pretty weird lol :(

If you can't find any light burst tutorials that will translate to a transparent background, you may have to free hand this effect.

You could start with the Polygonal Lasso Tool to create the basic outline.
Screen Shot 2014-01-10 at 10.33.55 PM.png

The rest would be up to you and some experimentation with the Brush Tool, different layer modes and filters.

Heh yeah, I kind of chose a different path, used the tutorial, instead of using colour balance, just changed the stuff with outer/inner glow. It isn't as good.. But it suffices.

Reason for not doing freehand is because I want the attack to be more realistic for the game I'm making. But thanks for the help though..

How do I close this and set as solved? ^^

Great! I'm glad it worked out for you!

How do I close this and set as solved? ^^

No need, you have just said that it's solved.

Back