What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attempting to make some logo (Not working)

Bossramsay15

Hey, Im just playing around trying to make a logo. I tried a fire effect one, It turn out really ugly ill upload picture. Especially because its a youtube Avatar it looked really bad, ATM i deiced to do something extremely simple but i think i could make it half decent any idea's?

The Water/Ice type one there's something about it that wants me to try and improve it.

Thanks

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    263.9 KB · Views: 1
  • EAT.png
    EAT.png
    559.2 KB · Views: 0
Just realised, This is kinda in the wrong section. If theirs any mods on if you could move it to Graphic/Design Showroom would be great sorry for the trouble

Hello B-ramsay, I like the first one.

Here's my take on the first one. Straighten the text so it's level, lower the text down into the fire so that the tips of the flames are about centered in the text. Cleanup the line that's going through the text. Bring the text back to 100% opacity. Change the white color of the text to something warmer or even hot. If you want the fire showing through, just lower the opacity of the "white text area only". Lastly, crop the entire image, it's way to big and that white hot fiery mess at the bottom is just too much.

Not too sure about the second one.

Good luck.

Alright, Thanks for the advice well i got a Wink for Paul that must be good :D haha. Thanks for the FeedBack IamSam helped alot everything you stated is all good idea im going to try them out. Yes im having trouble with the opactiy i was having a bad day and was forgetting how to add it like a background, Not blend it in like i did. Ill give it a try thanks

This is where i was having trouble. Besides blending it in, I could have to using Magic tool select the flames, Delete the black/blackground then insert on Logo and turn down the opacity i tried selecting the Flames it looked crappy its to Fine, Any easier idea's

No need to change the background or the flames. Leave it alone.

All of the changes I suggested only require you change the "BOSS" logo!
The text layer containing the BOSS logo should be on it's own layer.

Post the PSD or a screenshot of the layers for this image so I can see how you have it set up. Also, post the tutorial where you found this effect.

Last edited:

Back