What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Audio for Photoshop Tutorials

Hone

I wanted to see the AI tutorials. They run video fine, but there is no audio. My computer's audio works fine. I checked it with other music software. No problem, but when I run a Photoshop tutorial in Photoshop, I hear no audio. The audio slider is up... but nothing. Is there an audio on/off setting in Photoshop?

Hey there,

I noticed you're having trouble with the audio in your Photoshop tutorials. Your computer's audio works fine with other applications, but there's no sound when you play tutorials in Photoshop. It sounds frustrating, but don't worry, let's try to troubleshoot this together.

First, let's rule out some common issues:

### System Audio Settings
1. **Volume Mixer**:
- Right-click on the speaker icon in your system tray and select "Open Volume Mixer".
- Check that the volume for your browser (if you're watching online tutorials) or the video playback software is up and not muted.

2. **Default Playback Device**:
- Again, right-click on the speaker icon and select "Sounds".
- Go to the "Playback" tab and make sure your preferred playback device is set as the default.

### Browser Settings (if you're watching online tutorials)
1. **Browser Volume**:
- Make sure the tab playing the video isn't muted. Right-click on the tab and see if you can unmute it.

2. **Update Browser**:
- Make sure your web browser is up to date. Sometimes updates can fix playback issues.

### Video Player Check
1. **Player Volume**:
- If the video player has its own volume control, double-check that it's turned up and not muted.

### Update or Reinstall Audio Drivers
1. **Update Drivers**:
- Open Device Manager (just search for it in the Start menu).
- Expand "Sound, video and game controllers".
- Right-click on your audio device and select "Update driver".

2. **Reinstall Drivers**:
- If updating doesn't help, you can try uninstalling the driver and restarting your computer. Windows will automatically reinstall it.

### External Media Players
If you're playing downloaded tutorials, try using VLC Media Player. It's great for handling all sorts of audio and video formats.

### Photoshop’s Learn Panel (if that's what you're using)
If you're using Photoshop's built-in Learn panel:
1. **Restart Photoshop**:
- Sometimes a simple restart can fix minor glitches.

2. **Reinstall Photoshop**:
- If nothing else works, try reinstalling Photoshop to make sure everything's installed correctly.

If you've tried all this and you're still having issues, it might be a problem with the video files themselves or how they're embedded. In that case, reaching out to Adobe Support might be your best bet.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you need any more assistance.

---

Back