What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australian Photoshop

robrob276

Hi guys

I'm about to spend 6 months in Aus and I think I can pick up PS cheaper over there. Will i have any problems as I have a UK laptop, or using it in the UK when I get back?

Thanks
Rob

No, just because a product is bought in a different country doesn't mean it will be any different

No, just because a product is bought in a different country doesn't mean it will be any different

I'm pretty sure that he already knows that both are identical. :D

I think he's worried about activation, which could indeed be an issue. Imagine that I buy 50 copies of Photoshop CS4 in the USA for $675. I return to Europe where it costs on the mainland about 950 Euros, which is about $1300 (yeah, I know, rediculous prices, I'm glad I don't live there...).

Now assume that I sell these copies for $999, a price with which I would be extremely competitive on the European market.
If I sell 50 copies I will have 324x50=$16,200 profit. And you think Adobe is just going to accept that? :rolleyes:

yeah that's the kind of problem I'm anticipating...I won't be able to return it...i know it's bad but can i just not register it?

I still dont think it will matter, when purchasing a product it doesn't restrict you to where you can use the program in the country or where you can't, once its purchased you can sell it, Its like saying selling licensed products on Ebay is illegal.

Back