What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific B&W Photo to Color

ArXael

My mom is on a vacation with her friends and dad I were just cleaning around the house and found this picture of my mother from the 70s. She was in her mid20s at the time. We would like to change this picture to color and get a photo frame and put on her bedside table as a surprise when she returns. Ive tried a few online free websites and wasn't really pleased with the results so didn't even proceed to pay to remove watermark. Would like to see if anyone here can help out. Moreover, she's of East Asian origin and somehow all the AI create her to be more South East Asian. Adds an exotic and interesting flair to the pic but that's not her. And please remove her double chin that the turtle neck created. Thanks in advance!

IMG_4416.jpg

My mom is on a vacation with her friends and dad I were just cleaning around the house and found this picture of my mother from the 70s. She was in her mid20s at the time. We would like to change this picture to color and get a photo frame and put on her bedside table as a surprise when she returns. Ive tried a few online free websites and wasn't really pleased with the results so didn't even proceed to pay to remove watermark. Would like to see if anyone here can help out. Moreover, she's of East Asian origin and somehow all the AI create her to be more South East Asian. Adds an exotic and interesting flair to the pic but that's not her. And please remove her double chin that the turtle neck created. Thanks in advance!

PS. if anyone wants her to do some crazy hairdo and funky makeup. Sure, go ahead. My mom will appreciate it. :)

Hi @ArXael
Here is my try. There is always a range of skin tones associated with each region in the world and ancestors. I took my best shot for average skin tones for East Asians, yet it is hard to know if it is close enough.
I just picked a blouse color, yet that is not hard to change if desired.
I hope this helps.
John Wheeler

Colorize-east-Asian-woman-adj.jpg

omg, you guys are amazing! my dad and I are totally loving it!
John: thank you! ya I totally understand even within East Asians the skin tone can vary a lot. nice color choice of blouse btw!
Argos: thanks! love how you gave her a full make up too!
Chris: thanks! loving the soft touches, looks dreamy~~
Babine: appreciated! the wool sweater looks amazing on her!

thanks again guys, you guys did a way better job than all those AIs. colors much much vibrant, detailing is impeccable.

PS. Im thinking of combining all your hard work and make a collage similar to Andy wahrol's Monroe collage. =)

Back