What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Baby Announcement

noralee

We had an idea and would love to surprise our family. We all loved the stranger things show and wanted to make it around that idea. Was hoping to get us photoshopped into the stranger things background sitting on the couch. With that was hoping we could turn some the letters to say "ITS A BOY" and have those letters be lit up with the lights. Not sure if this is a a lot of work and if it is we are willing to pay. Thank you for any help as I know you guys/gals are all doing this on your own time. Thank you again for any help provided!

Ryankirst2.jpgsthings.gifryan3.jpg

Attachments

• ryan2.jpg
    ryan2.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 0

Nxxl

Well they're the same pictures, but it's alright. Here is what I have worked on so far.ItsABoy.jpg

Please do put in your input and tell me what I could change to improve this. I will try and figure out how to add the blinking lights and make this into a GIF

noralee

OMG looks good for sure!! We definitely do not need it to be a gif. Is it possible to maybe move the ITS to the top row and bring the A to the left more. With that still just add all the random letters in between and light up the lights above the words ITS A BOY

Nxxl

Sure! I have to go attend a class right now. I'll get it done when I'm back.

Oh and, congratulations!

Nxxl

Is the lights fine?
Also, when you say you want a few random letters, you want few of them far away from the "its a boy" lettering, correct? Because otherwise the other letters will steal the focus from "Its a boy"

ItsABoyLights.jpg

noralee

we love the brightness a lot better. If you can we were thinking of having all the letters mixed in and all the lights off except for the lights above the letters reading ITS A BOY which will make it like a puzzle for people to stop and look at. There should be one letter per a light and the light above the words ITS A BOY should be turned on and all others off. We are so excited for what you have done already

polarwoc

Guru
Is this similar to what you are looking for? Like @Nxxl expressed, "Its a boy" lettering is not distinct from the other letters.
Feel free to request changes if it is still relevant1200-After1-strangerrr.jpg.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Guys, please lets pay more attention to details, even when doing a free request...
Look at the halo around the selections and the 'lines' remaining from those selections...

1200-After1-strangerrr.jpg

polarwoc

Guru
Thanks for the heads up, @Eggy. I was ascertaining if I am in the right direction, and if so, I will spend more time on the work. On the other hand, if this work was not what the OP wanted, I can direct efforts in a different direction that will fetch needed results.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Hey @polarwoc, I realise this is not an easy request with different sharpesses, sunlight/darkness. (For instance I wouldn't try it myself...)
Sometimes we'll have to disappoint the OP as the job will never be good or realistic.
I'm just saying that when posting a job, make sure the basics are done...

Mind you, this is not personal, but we won't allow sub standard work or rushed work because this is not a competition...

Now let's go back to what we like to do, Photoshop...:cheesygrin:

polarwoc

Guru
Just a plain question @Eggy. When an OP asks for something and you are unsure of what is required or if you want to show the OP that what they asked for is going to look muddled, the best way is to do a quick draft, show it to the OP, get a confirmation and then proceed with detailed work. In this process, the draft copy would look substandard, because it is draft.

Maybe the people attempting it should write "Draft" to show it is only an intermediate step?

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Just a plain question @Eggy. When an OP asks for something and you are unsure of what is required or if you want to show the OP that what they asked for is going to look muddled, the best way is to do a quick draft, show it to the OP, get a confirmation and then proceed with detailed work. In this process, the draft copy would look substandard, because it is draft.

Maybe the people attempting it should write "Draft" to show it is only an intermediate step?

That should be the right way to act, mention the fact that your post is a draft or WIP...