What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Baby photo restoration

JeffK

Guru
I'm not sure what blemishes you are referring to although the color needs to be adjusted.
Please give us a bit more detail on that.
Seems you also scanned this at a high resolution - seems to be a lot of noise in the image
Here's a jpg just with quick curves adjustment:

Mum Baby-600 color edit.jpg

Dennis1507

I gave it a shot as well. Removed some image noise and tried to restore whites. Hope you like the results.

Mum Baby-600.jpg

Tim07

I also made a try, i experiemented and was more work than usual, but it was fun.

View attachment 122776

This is the most beautiful, but I am not sure if it hasn’t lost some detail, and almost looks artificial, not quite cartoon like but that effect, seems to have lost detail from the original.
I really appreciate your hard work and time, this image is 1.3MB again I can’t see how that size file could not have lost image data that the original had…

Tim07

This looks the best I think, but there is still a horizontal band across the bottom of the blanket, can this be rectified ?Also which photo did you use as a source ? I assume it wasn’t the JPEG that I scanned at 600 to try and retain detail, but all the corrected photos are JPEG and around 1-2 MBs, which seems exceptionally small to me, isn’t there a risk of losing detail ? Isn’t there a PSD file with a resolution comparable to the source file ? Thank you for your time and effort thus far

Tim07

I gave it a shot as well. Removed some image noise and tried to restore whites. Hope you like the results.

View attachment 122768

This looks very close to the original but cleaner, however this Jpeg is only 600KB don’t understand how it could be this small and not lost a lot of image data, which would I assume make it very difficult to enlarge. Greatly appreciate your time and effort.

Babine

Guru
This looks the best I think, but there is still a horizontal band across the bottom of the blanket, can this be rectified ?Also which photo did you use as a source ? I assume it wasn’t the JPEG that I scanned at 600 to try and retain detail, but all the corrected photos are JPEG and around 1-2 MBs, which seems exceptionally small to me, isn’t there a risk of losing detail ? Isn’t there a PSD file with a resolution comparable to the source file ? Thank you for your time and effort thus far

Revised version JPG from your downloaded merged file Mom Baby-600 PSD. The full sized merged PSD is available HERE.

Mum-Baby-600a-Merged.jpg

Argos

Guru
This is the most beautiful, but I am not sure if it hasn’t lost some detail, and almost looks artificial, not quite cartoon like but that effect, seems to have lost detail from the original.
I really appreciate your hard work and time, this image is 1.3MB again I can’t see how that size file could not have lost image data that the original had…

About the size, the jpg on my computer is 10mb but you're right when you download from the forum is 1,3mb i dont know why.