What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

background extraction

ronmatt

Guru
I just tried a demo of OnOne's MaskPro 4. Although I've got to spend some time with it, it appears that this may be the answer to the 'background removal' issue we all wrestle with. It's features may already exist in some other extraction plug-ins, but they're new to me. Following their tutorial movies, I was able to eliminate a complex background and maintain at least 80% of the hair detail. I'm sure that once I get a feel for what I'm doing with it I'll be able to hold 95-98%. Anyway, I'm impressed.

here's the site;
http://www.ononesoftware.com/download.php

THIS IS NOT SPAM!!!!!!!!! just tryin' to help.

I'll post some results in a day or 2

I remember Mask Pro 3 being so-so would be interesting to see if its got better...very interesting.
How about somebody uploading a clear clean picture with a difficult extraction and everybody uses their best extraction technique on it to see how and what works.
I know some people here swear by channels, fluid mask, knockout, PS extraction tool, GML, background eraser...there are a million of different tools.

I think it could be fun and very informative since I doubt anybody has all the plugins or has mastered all the techneques.

Lasa

good idea lasa, I'll hunt for a complex image and upload it, hopefully we'll get some other people to do the same then vote and get to work.

I didn't try it on the dress gaussian, namely because I wouldn't use that solution on that particular subject, The pen tool would do nicely..

Back