What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator Background Size Issue and Design Help....

mooapo

I'm not much of a any type of Guru, and know little of graphics. And with that being said, this is why I am trying to embrace, fall in love and learn the Art to a Science. I have made some strides, but fallen short of even just okay.

In my quest for graphics perfection and guru-ism, I have come across a few simple mind boggling issues. Size, Design and Substance....

Let me give you an example. Joe wants a Background Image for his WordPress Blog, 1228px in width and 300px in height. Already one can tell it's size is large, and will take some time to load as with the Blog. But going on, Joe wants some Buildings, Bricks, Concrete and a whole array of other objects as part of his Background Image, kinda like a City Setting or the like. Wow, already that is a huge file.

So my question is, how does one deal with such a large image with so many objects as part of the over all Background Image?

Also, should Joe create each object/s Buildings, Bricks, Concrete and a whole array that will be placed somewhere on his Background Image on a Separate Canvas, or just do it on the same canvas?

Thank you....

Joe's got lots of layers that turn off and on, so it can seem like a separate canvas but he can focus on object detail, then see it placed in the BG as many times as it takes to work out the composition, etc.

Lots of layers can make for a very large psd doc, but once you save as a jpeg, you've got a flattened image, so size is the main consideration. There are other factors -- that I'll let someone who does better with tech-speak -- but they shouldn't make a big difference.

Hope this helps Joe get a good night's sleep. :mrgreen:

Back