What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ball of Energy

I feel a lot of potential in your work.
If you pay attention to my positively suggested critique the result of your creation will be more thrilling and eye-catching.

1. The size of your composite is far too small to judge details of your PS quality.
2. The main character is too much in the centre of the image, you should work more with the 'rule of thirds'.
3. The ball of energy should be bigger and placed in the middle of the hands of the person.
4. The little green cubes which possibly symbolize an energy field emitting from the red sphere don't harmonize. I don't see a connection here.
5. From the ball itself I would expect to see an orange glow on the black clothes.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I like the imagery but I agree with Chris. The image is too small and centered. The energy ball lacks energy, it seems subdued and weak. I also don't think the green squares are consistent with the energy ball effect. The wave pattern being emitted by the energy ball is more associated with sound than it is with energy and it seems like a gateway or portal. You could try extensions of the same effect coming off the energy ball instead. And then there's the matter of the reflected light on the magician/Wizard/etc..

Overall I like the concept and your off to a great start.

yasmin

I like the imagery but I agree with Chris. The image is too small and centered. The energy ball lacks energy, it seems subdued and weak. I also don't think the green squares are consistent with the energy ball effect. The wave pattern being emitted by the energy ball is more associated with sound than it is with energy and it seems like a gateway or portal. You could try extensions of the same effect coming off the energy ball instead. And then there's the matter of the reflected light on the magician/Wizard/etc..

Overall I like the concept and your off to a great start.
I feel a lot of potential in your work.
If you pay attention to my positively suggested critique the result of your creation will be more thrilling and eye-catching.

1. The size of your composite is far too small to judge details of your PS quality.
2. The main character is too much in the centre of the image, you should work more with the 'rule of thirds'.
3. The ball of energy should be bigger and placed in the middle of the hands of the person.
4. The little green cubes which possibly symbolize an energy field emitting from the red sphere don't harmonize. I don't see a connection here.
5. From the ball itself I would expect to see an orange glow on the black clothes.

thank you i am learning a lot from you

JazzyScotsman

Banned
For my additional two cents worth, I'd make use of a wonderful opportunity to play with shadows, particularly where the robe meets the ground. Experiment with some dodging and burning, and hard and soft light. Basic blending modes. They can lend a literal world of dimension to your work. You have a wonderful start, though! :) A+ for concept. :) My teachers always reminded me to never marry yourself to one idea. Stagnation is death in design. Always be seeing a way to take your work to a new level. :) Thanks for sharing your work!