What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Batch Process Question ?

Hi, I really hate the "JPG Options" Dialog Box while I was doing a batch job of Autocolor + Duplicate Layer > Mode SofLight. Is there any way to disable that Dialog box , or saving the settings as default so it won't come again in future ? [shhh]

Hi Evil Nemesis. Could you specify the steps you are using in the action, or better yet, attach the action? \:/

My action has these steps :

Autocolor

Duplicate Layer

Set the Duplicated Layer mode to SoftLight

Merge Layers

Save.

So ?

You are starting as a JPEG and ending as a JPEG? If so, try re-doing your action but instead of using save use Save For Web and specify your JPEG settings there. I believe I've run into that before and Save For Web was the answer.

If I remember correctly, if you open a JPEG and then save it as a JPEG (just using the Save command) that dialog will come up no matter what you do.

If you do use the Save For Web... any metadata is stripped.

Welles said:
You are starting as a JPEG and ending as a JPEG? If so,

Yess.

I tried save for web it did vanish the jpeg options Dialog box but the recorded action now also records the location and filename I saved \:/ so when I run the batch process it asks to replace the existing file >:O + on close command it also asks for "Save changes to xxxx.jpeg" as a psd file ? So I have to press NO every time ? Co'z I don't want to save it as .psd. Thanx

Without looking over your shoulder, I'm not able to see exactly how you are setting up your batch but if you change the file name when you use Save For Web, it seems to me that your action will have to stop for each file to allow you to rename them.

I tend to use droplets instead of the batch command because I can save those little applications against future need. However batch or droplet, I start by creating a target save folder within the folder which has the images I'm modifying and usually call it Modified.

Recording my action... (Following your directions)
Autocolor
Duplicate Layer
Set the Duplicated Layer mode to SoftLight
Merge Layers
Save for Web....
Stop Recording

During the Save for Web... dialog, I don't change the file name and specified the target folder, "Modified," for saving. When I set up my batch or Droplet dialog, here's what it looks like...

I should add that there are numerous ways to accomplish automated goals...this is just a simple one.

ok, so now instead of jpeg options dialog box the new save for web dialog box would come every time then ? \:/

Back