What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Batch resize from 405x350 to 900x900

idastenseth

I've been trying to resize a batch of images that's already 405x350 to 900x900. What I experience is that the images ends up being either 900x1200 og 900x(smaller).
I need to change all my images from rectangular to square to fit onto my webshop. Is there any other way to do this, for example doing a batch job that places the original picture onto a background that 900x900?
I would love to get some help, and I apologize for the bad explanation, but maybe somebody understands and knows how to do his easily :)

revnart

Power User
Try creating an action:
1. File > Automate > Fit Image (and set 1050 for width and 900 for height)
2. Image > Canvas Size (uncheck "relative" and set values 900 for both height and width)

Should work but it will crop sides since you have rectangle images and want them to be square.

if you don't mind stretching images just use:
1. Image > Image size (check "resample", unlink "chain" and set values 900 in pixels)

Hope that helps :)

idastenseth

Thank yo so much!
So, if I don't want to crop the top and bottom, is it possible to put the picture on a 900x900 backround instead? So that the products doesn't cut in half?