What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bathroom edit

Possum169

After reshooting this bathroom I've edited it to this shot but I'm looking for a technique to tame the light reflections in the shower glass. I would appreciate a link to or info on this edit because dealing with highlights comes up often.

96sch bath-1.jpg

Hi @Possum169
Much better shot with the cleaning done first.
The tool that comes to mind is the clone stamp tool yet with all the various mirror and glass reflections that may end up being a bit of work yet that is the path I would take if this is the image I had to work with.
In the future, when such reflections could be a big issue, taken two pictures from the same postition, one pic with the lights on and the second pic with lighting from another direction including considering natural lighting. Then you can more easily combine these pictures to remove specular lights/reflections
Just some quick thoughts.

One things to consider, is that unless that is a very high end property (didn't you say this was a rental), the image looks great the way it is. Seems quite attractive and the reflections would not bother me in regards to renting such a place or note. Looks clean, bright, and crisp. I personally would call this done unless it is a high end high priced piece of real estate (or a picky customer :) )
John Wheeler

I use a software called Affinity Photo, which is not exactly the same as Photoshop, so I can't provide a very in-depth tutorial. However, the technique I used was "cloning in perspective." This tutorial could be relevant, since removing a light reflection theoretically works exactly the same as removing any other object.
reflections removed.png
If you make a change and you feel it is too drastic, there is always the option to simply place it on top of the original image and adjust the opacity accordingly.

Hi @Possum169
Much better shot with the cleaning done first.
The tool that comes to mind is the clone stamp tool yet with all the various mirror and glass reflections that may end up being a bit of work yet that is the path I would take if this is the image I had to work with.
In the future, when such reflections could be a big issue, taken two pictures from the same postition, one pic with the lights on and the second pic with lighting from another direction including considering natural lighting. Then you can more easily combine these pictures to remove specular lights/reflections
Just some quick thoughts.

One things to consider, is that unless that is a very high end property (didn't you say this was a rental), the image looks great the way it is. Seems quite attractive and the reflections would not bother me in regards to renting such a place or note. Looks clean, bright, and crisp. I personally would call this done unless it is a high end high priced piece of real estate (or a picky customer :) )
John Wheeler
I understand everything that you said and it all makes perfect sense. Thank you so much this is why I just upgraded my account.

I understand everything that you said and it all makes perfect sense. Thank you so much this is why I just upgraded my account.
Taking one shot without the lights on should have been a no-brainer thanks again because you have no idea how often the situation comes up in my residential photography even with wood floors or anything that can reflect light.

Taking one shot without the lights on should have been a no-brainer thanks again because you have no idea how often the situation comes up in my residential photography even with wood floors or anything that can reflect light.
Or at least alternate lights sot he reflections show up in different places and makes it easy to stack the images and choose which to use (some exposure adjustments may be required in post processing yet much easier than going back for a do-over.
Your more than welcome and BTW, very nice shooting.

Back