What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beatle Mania here

Steve Dento

HI I'm Steve. And i am trying to recreate the black and white grain effect on 'with the beatles' 1963 album for a present. Any thoughts greatly recieved.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome!

Did you know dv8?

There are so many versions of the "With the Beatles" album on a Google image search that it would be hard to decide which one you are referring to. Can you add an example image to your post?

Rich54

Guru
Is something like this what you have in mind?

There are several ways to add grain to an image, either manually or with filters. In this case I used Filter>Artistic>Film Grain, which added grain to the entire image. I changed the layer blend mode to Multiply and then I applied a Blend-If adjustment to the grainy layer so that the grain affected only dark areas and not light areas.

Before.jpg

After.jpg

Dormeur74

Power User
If the tabular grain of Fujifilm ACROS 100 film interests you, I can help. It is an overlay very easy to use. Here a pushed process.

grain.jpg

Steve Dento

Thanks l will give it a go, Just as soon as I finish a spot of decorating.... I am new to Photoshop and this blog and really appreciate your help. Keep safe everyone.