What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Before & After #1

Coyote

Here is a photo I manipulated a while back. The original:Original safari.jpg
And here is the after:Unbounded.jpg
Quite a dramatic difference huh?

Last edited:

Tron

Guru
Big change from the original.

I like what you did with the lighting, but I think it would look a little better with more shadow on the front of the elephant and also on his legs, and maybe also darken around the edges of the image to bring more attention to the center.

I played whit it a little to show you what I mean. I just added two curves layers, darkened them a lot and then masked them. I can post the PSD if you want.

coyote-elephant-3.jpg

Last edited:

Coyote

Big change from the original.

I like what you did with the lighting, but I think it would look a little better with more shadow on the front of the elephant and also on his legs, and maybe also darken around the edges of the image to bring more attention to the center.

I played whit it a little to show you what I mean. I just added two curves layers, darkened them a lot and then masked them. I can past the PSD if you want.

View attachment 637
Nice job Tron. I like the way you think, rather then telling people BS about how good their work is. Criticize it and show them how to improve it :D

I actually still have the original PSD I could fix it up in a couple seconds.

Gaussian

Retired Administrator
I like it, thanks for posting it up Coyote. It has a completely different feel than the original.

Tron I couldn't see a huge difference in the one you posted until I downloaded both of them and then clicked back and forth.... I agree it does look good with a bit more shadow on the elephant.

Post more if you have them Coyote :)

SicSid

where's the cloud .... ??? maybe if u gift a cloud in the sky (play with the opacity and clarity) .... and a bit of fog in the background ...should do the work

SicSid

well, it's hard to tell you what i mean. Let me say it with picture. I increase the detail of the elephant ... manually rise the contrast to make it more stand out.

Next, i add some kind of fog...not to thick. Add the the detail again by adding a high pass layer and blend it to hard light mode. Darken again here and there..... then add a blur layer here and there...just a little to make the elephant more stand out. And here we go......

Attachments

• coyote-elephant-4.jpg
    coyote-elephant-4.jpg
    928.4 KB · Views: 2
I would also hide the fact you copied the grass from the left side of the image to the right. There is a dead give away at the bottom of the picture, in line with the elephants head.