What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

before and after (Jill Greenberg effect)

Yeah, It's a hard effect to replicate. To get anything like her, you need to start off with a super good photo to begin with.

Never the less, I had a go anyway.

Flare2.png

Paul

Former Member
Is this all from within photoshop?
I am getting sick of topus:mrgreen:

scarmack

You need a way better photo to start with, the lighting is terrible and very unflattering.

Is this all from within photoshop?
I am getting sick of topus:mrgreen:

I only use Topaz for noise removal. However, I did try emulating HDR Toning, as that is what Jill Greenberg is all about.

Just to clarify, I did say "To get anything like her, you need to start off with a super good photo to begin with", so it was always going to be a case of polishing a turd. I don't understand why after me saying this, that anyone would think I was trying to do a master piece. Most of her work is achieved with the way the photo is taken, not with ten minutes on Photoshop messing about.

cyclone2426

The original poster's edit is a very good piece on its own, kind of an artist rendering vibe to it, but I wouldnt look at it as an attempt at the Jill Greenberg effect, thats a totally different ballgame that you got to have the right prerequisites for, like others have mentioned.

I took a stab at the pic as well, wasnt going for anything in particular, just trying some things....
airism3-revised.png