What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bending text

jdranch

I would like to bend (without warping) text like a smile. How can I do this?

I tried the free hand pen tool but cannot free hand draw it nice enough. :(

Thanks for any replies,

:) Jennifer

Thanks for the reply:)

I don't want to warp the text, I just want it to appear normal in a semi-circle shape.

Or you can make the text follow along a path. You can draw a circle with the shape tool, or a path with the pen tool... then type text along it and the baseline of the text will follow the path.

thanks for the reply :)

When I use the circle tool, the text follows the circle around and ends up upside down and on the *other* side of the circle.

I am trying to add text to a scarf, on a snowman, basically under the *neck*. The shape is like a relaxed u or smiley face.

I made it work by using the magnetic pen tool and going on the edge of a circular object, then control T'ing it get it to fit. I *swun* the edge around the bottom to connect the path. It would automatically attach itself to the beginning point (going over) and kept messing me up. But I know there has to be a better way.

snowmen-copy.jpg

Use the Text Warp tool, i don't get why your thinking that wont work, you can adjust the intensity and those letters look warped to me on those scarfs so if that's what your trying to do then iDad already pointed out your best option...

what you just explained with the CTRL+T was the transform tool.... you basically warped it after saying that you didn't want to.... you answered your own question :) But for future reference, the warp tool is very easy and friendly to use, as it doesn't really cause harm. it also makes life easier :)

The warp tool does just that...warps the text.

The best way to do this is to use the pen tool to draw the "smiley face" using 3 points, a start point, middle point, and end point and then just use the text tool to type text along the path.

Back