What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

blend troubles

scorpion

hopefully somone can help

i am tryin to blend the blue background with the yellow but even if i lower opacity it doesn't look right ...i've tried layer styles overlay etc.

any ideas?

here is an idea of what i'm trying to do

Not exactly sure how you mean *blend*. Do you mean smooth the edges ? or like with blending options ?
Are there 2 layers or only one ?

i mean i want the yellow layer to look part of the blue layer rather and more blended rather than just bright yellow

for example normally overlay fades out the color alot but since it's blue it won't work.

yes there are 2 layers the blue layer and yellow layer

Scorpion, you've tried just lowering the opacity of the yellow layer? (You may have to duplicate the yellow layer a couple of times to get the effect you want, play with different opacities)

Hi Scorpion,

Try this... Command (Control) + click on the yellow layer in the layer's palette to load the selection. Select > Modify > Expand and expand the selection by one or two pixels. Then set up the Blur tool to a huge brush size, normal blend mode, and check Use all Layers. Give it one quick pass. Maybe set your Blur brush a lower percentage for a more modest effect. Is that what you're after?

Good Luck!

Sorry, I`m just dense.

Something like one of these, maybe ?

possibleblend.jpg

Have you tried 'feathering' the yellow layer, scorpion? [confused]

Back