What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blending Help

ApoX

Hey everyone! Im looking for a tutorial or some help on how to blend this "divider" with the images above and below. Right now the edges stick out like a sore thumb and i wanted it to flow together a little better.

winterdoorhangerneedhelp.jpg

Not sure how you have your layers organized, but here's one technique.

Screen Shot 2020-11-09 at 2.30.56 PM.png

Add a layer mask to the red rectangle. Use the Brush Tool to soften the edges.
Screen Shot 2020-11-09 at 2.32.52 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-09 at 2.33.24 PM.png

You can also use the Gradient Tool set to Foreground to Transparent preset.
Screen Shot 2020-11-09 at 2.36.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-09 at 2.36.29 PM.png

Here is another approach to consider depending on how you have your Layers Set up
I extracted the red band with letters to another Layer (yours might already be set up that way)
I then did a content aware fill to fill in the blank area I just cut out (if your's already butts together you dont need this step either
I then created a Layer Mask on the red banner layer and used a reflected gradient from white to black.
I then selected the Mask Layer and used the Image > adustments > Curves and move the curve until I got the effect I wanted.
Results below
Just another direction to considerScreen Shot 2020-11-09 at 3.05.08 PM.png
John Wheeler

Use the Brush Tool to soften the edges.
I just wanted to add that a good way of using brush tool on the mask for consistent look of the soft brush is using "Click - Shift key - Click release". So, to draw the following two black lines:
1.png
you choose a soft black brush with Black colour selected, click on one end of the ribbon, press Shift key, hold it pressed, then click on the other end of the line and release Shift key. That way, the softness of the brush applies consistently onto the mask in contrast to when you make the line manually.

I just wanted to add that a good way of using brush tool on the mask for consistent look of the soft brush is using "Click - Shift key - Click release". So, to draw the following two black lines
This was exactly how I did it! I meant to add that to the post and forgot!

Back