What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blur or pattern to obtain the same effect on text

AiaceT

Hi to everyone and thanks in advance to all the gurus that will join this thread.

I'm trying to transform a text to look like the original text. In the photo, the original text is on the first row, the text I'm trying to modify is the second one below. The original text has some blur, some patterns or some disturb and look like old and partially deleted. That the effect I have to clone.

Unfortunately I know almost nothing about Blending Options or other techniques to reach my goal. Could someone tell me how to do this?

Thanks a lot for the support you'll give me and for the time spent on my help request

Atk Chart Title.jpg
Atk Chart Title 3.jpg
Atk Chart Title 2.png

In addition to the blur, I notice that there are some color variations in the original texts lettering. Some darker and some lighter. Is this the effect you are wanting?

Screen Shot 2023-05-03 at 12.27.01 PM.png

@IamSam Thanks for join this conversation.

About your question: it's not my first goal but if it's possible to have exactly the same effects on the text, obiviously, will be better.

Hi @AiaceT

In examining you first image it appeared that the "original" had gone through some type of compression.
Here is an approach I used that seems to get close by just resizing down and back with Image Resize command.

I just resized (downsized) to 255 or original using the bicubic sharper in the resampling option and the resized back up to the original size using 400% and same resamplingoption.
I performed that on the lower words in your first image so you could easily compare to the original text.

Seems to be reasonably close. In any case it might be an approach you want to pursue. The amount of resizing depends on the original pixel dimensions of the image so it may take some iteration to get the result you want.

Hope this helps
John Wheeler

Attach-Chart-Adj.jpg

@thebestcpu I Tried to follow your suggestion but the result was not the same of your.

Here what I made in details:
with the file posted in the OT ->Drop down menu Image->Image size
Fit to: Custom (become "Custom form "Original Size" after I input 255 in the Resolution field)
Resolution: 255 (from the original 300)
Resample: bicubic sharper
->OK

then after the change:
Drop down menu Image->Image size
Fit to: Custom
Resolution: 400
Resample: bicubic sharper
-> Ok

with this result:
Atk Chart Title for PhShpGuru TbestCpu edit.jpg

For sure I've done several mistake...

Could you be so kind to post a step by step foolproof procedure?
thnks in advance

Last edited:
In addition to the blur, I notice that there are some color variations in the original texts lettering. Some darker and some lighter. Is this the effect you are wanting?

View attachment 137205
Could it be that the color variation becomes form a sort of Blended layer obtained using two different colored text layers (one red and one black)?

Hi @AiaceT

Sorry for the confusion. I took two screen shots that should clarify the settings (note it is not about changing resolution)

Here is the screen shot for the first reduction in size:

Screen Shot 2023-05-03 at 4.19.17 PM.JPG

This second image shows the settings to increase the image back up in size to the original size

Screen Shot 2023-05-03 at 4.21.48 PM.JPG

Hope the extra details help
John Wheeler

@thebestcpu Totally understood and apply!
Result is the same you describe in your first post.

Any suggestion about bring to the text that shiny effect (sort of aura/halo) inside the letters and around?

With this correction, maybe, I will reach my goal (clone the original text)...

Back