What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blurred pics after using "Straighten"

MisatoMiura

I have PS CS6 and I straighten and crop old papers (that a friend scans - legally, btw - and then sends me) for years now. I've never had a problem like this before, but it seems now, that when I use "Straighten", the pics all turn out a bit blurry and I don't really get why. I always do it the same way and didn't change anything (knowingly, that is) about my settings. Anyone got an idea, what might cause this? I don't have any idea where to check ...

Please show us an example 'before' and 'after' to have an idea (preferably a screenshot with used open panel)

Hi,
thanks for answering. Unfortunately, I deleted all the pics, in order to not get them mixed up with the new ones. It looked like I had used a heavy blur filter. Which I didn't.

I've double checked all my settings then and there was no difference to what they were like before all my cropped pics were suddenly blurred. Then I made Screenshots from the settings, just to find out, what might have caused that problem and why it appeared so suddenly. In the end, I never found out. I just reset all my settings to standard, then customised again and the problem never reappeared. I even compared the screenshots I made before with the new settings and they were the same.
As to why that happened, I have absolutely no idea.

Back