What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BMW M3 By Dewillrock

dewillrock

Hi guys, this is one of my recent works, i will present myself with this nice BMW. I was working with nearly 90 layers, and it was a big psd file.
Enjoy...
Original:
F5plmrg.jpg

Chopped:
hZlUWla.jpg

I hope U will like it. Cheers...

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for sharing. Are you willing to take some constructive criticism on this piece? There's a few things you need some help with.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This is a fair start.

Here are some things you may want to consider for your next chop.

Perspective is EVERYTHING! You need to maintain your perspective throughout the chop.

Here's the original with perspective lines.
Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 2.46.53 PM.png

Here's the chop which is considerably out of perspective. Same perspective lines. Note the body and wheels. That front wheel is way out of shape and seems to have two treads, one of which is coming off.
Chris pointed out lines on the front of the door.
Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 2.47.06 PM.png

In addition to the headlight being out of perspective (as Chris stated), take note of the running light I've colored in red. In the before image it's in perspective. In the after chop it is not. Be aware of the details.
Before
Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 2.53.12 PM.png

After
Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 2.53.26 PM.png

Note that the car in the background has been blurred but as viewed through the windscreen, it is in focus.
Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 2.45.39 PM.png

There seems to be some clouds reflected in the door rather than smoke...........but I get what you were trying. The rest of the car seems to have a matte finish so the door would not be reflecting much at all.
I whole hardheartedly agree with Chris that this front left fender body work is not realistic or rational. What would it add to the aesthetic or performance of the car?
Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 3.03.41 PM.png

Unless you were the original photographer, you have pruchased the rights, or asked permission, be careful adding your signature to someone elses copyrighted material. Even though you made a few changes, you do not have the right to claim the image as your own. The original artist/photographer can still prove that this was his/her image. You should always credit the photographer. Food for thought.
Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 3.09.06 PM.png

dewillrock

Well these are very nice tips, and i can say that u have a good eye for details,thank u very much for these advices, photo was taken by my friend on my request so i can make a chop for him. I will try to fix these things and will post the result. Thank u very much.