What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Book Covers

theKeeper

Guru
Excellent stuff Lily. Bravo. :}

I really like the background image/effect on the Be a Saviour book. It's has a real sense of depth to it.

Congratulations once again. :perfect:

ljiljana

Guru
Mark thank you very much. I love that background as well.
That was the reason to go to Art store and get myself acrilycs! Whoa! 8D

Welles

Guru
Let's see, I choose cover #4 ;)

Congratulations, Lily! What a superb field of creative endeavor to break into. I love book cover art. Nice work!

Thanks for posting the focus group remarks. They were interesting as well.

Moth

Power User
Yay Lily!

Wonderful book covers. I especially like the Be a Survivor color pallet. What inspired you to go with orange and blue?

Nice background effect.

Now don't you forget about us when you are all rich and famous and everything. :p

Raven

Power User
:perfect: These are both very eye catching and wonderful work Lily! I can't pick between them as each is of a very different type and each suits the indiviual books very well = I like them both very much! I like that the Be A Survivor colors are upbeat in warm tones -- feels hopeful and positive. The blue tones of the detective story imply mystery and something cold.
Great work! :perfect:
---Maya

ljiljana

Guru
Welles Thank you for choosing # 4.
I LOVE book covers very much so. The most challanging is to design the spine! I still didn't have a chance to be in total control over spine design. ;)

Thanks for posting the focus group remarks. They were interesting as well

Covers for medical books are delicate! To get permition for cover publishing Focus groups are first step, and their opinion is very important and steps after that are most of the time " smooth". ;)

Moth
I beleive that being self- taught artist, I have freedom with my use of color.
I listen to my intuition , expressing feelings, moods and thought with colors. As one views my work, my hope is one will get my message.

Now don't you forget about us when you are all rich and famous and everything

B7 :\ Teaser!!

Maya Thank you for very nice words.

I can't pick between them as each is of a very different type and each suits the indiviual books very well = I like them both very much! I like that the Be A Survivor colors are upbeat in warm tones -- feels hopeful and positive. The blue tones of the detective story imply mystery and something cold.

I am very happy that my artwork "Woman" have been chosen.
That was very important to me. I had a need to do something about breast cancer , to send a massage to every women that there is a hope, that to be a " survivor" state of mind is crucial, and that they are still beautiful!!

Anthea

I like the cover to "The fatal memories". Very good work! Bravo! :perfect: and the colors for "Be a survivor" are superb. Excelent gamma! I like, like it very much! :)

ljiljana

Guru
Anthea, thank . I am very happy you enjoyed viewing those.
I appreciate that very much. 8)) 8))

shawnj985

Hello
ljiljana

I like your book covers. I hope to publish my first book next year and wanted to know what are your fees for designing book covers?

thanks, Shawn

ooptea

have to say those look great, while i was not draw by the colors the face really took me in. the double face was a great touch and i almost missed it. very nice work

ljiljana

Guru
Thanks for nice comments shawnj985 and ooptea 8))
shawnj985
I hope to publish my first book next year and wanted to know what are your fees for designing book covers?
That is wonderful, congratulate!
The price vary depending of the design itself.

PS: I didn't get the notification for new messages ! \:]