What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Border Technique

I don't know about you guys, but i've always thought that smiley looked like a pirate (but that's just me [honesty] )

This forum rocks... i've been in stiches these last few days (and it came at a time when i could really use a laugh too :( - so thanks)

And Alistair - yeah... cool effects (I didn't think you ventured much from the showboard ! )

Aaah ok, i see the effect better now db, cool. :perfect:

Have you tried using Screen blend mode too? Or how about Exclusion, but turned down real low?
And perhaps turning up the Displace filter settings? Does the dMap really wack out the photo? [excited]

Bubble...
Go to the mall and get your photo taken in one of the photo both machines. That'll be good enough! :D

Lee: This has got to be one of the funniest threads since I've been a member here.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: And the frakas all started with the good intentions of Bubble, followed by you thinking that you had put your foot in your mouth, Lee! :p

I'm still laughing too, Bubble!!! Yes, a good laugh does the soul good! ;)

Now, back to the serious business at hand here... thanks for 'big picture' docilebob! It shows the effect off so much better! :perfect:

OK guys, its been fun, but now we can put an end to it once and for all.

Wendy:
And Bubble, yes, you best get your mugshot up there real fast!
:perfect:

I've posted my mug, so go ahead, do your worst... they say we'll sit back and laugh about this one day :rofl:

Yea, Keeper, I tried the other blend modes, and it either washed it out more than I wanted it to, or reducing the opacity enough to prevent that killed the effect.
You can bump the Displace settings, but I stuck with fairly low ones, `cause I just wanted a bit of offset to give that *montage* look. If you bump the Displace settings up to 50 or so, it starts to blow it apart nicely.

<edit> I also kept the contrast fairly low on the Dmap. If you really want to shake it up, make the Dmap with lots of contrast.</edit>

:rofl: :rofl: ... what a thread!! .... just checked the pic (different thread) and yep, bubble is definately female :D
Lee do you get into this much trouble at home? :rofl: :rofl:
Alistair wrote:
anyways, back to the main subject
.. good on ya young fella, get the old'uns under control :D ... well at least try to :)
Gaussian wrote:
BubbleTrouble
:rofl: :rofl:... I like that :rofl: :rofl:

Displace? Did someone say Displace?

Attached is my first fiddle with this. Not entirely happy with it when compared to the original graphic. I tried mixing up the boxes, but it's not quite right.

1. Clouds/Difference Clouds to taste
2. Mosaic
3. Posterize

While the above combo does mix it up a little, it's still too uniform.

With or without Displace in the final, I think I have a way of mixing up the boxes that is more like the original.

wbiss said:
Alistair: I never saw this 3 pg. thread. thats a really nice effect there.
Which one??? [confused]

There have been a number discussed here Alistair! ;) :p

But, it's good to see you getting 'out and about' and, therefore, expanding your PS horizons! [excited]
[stuned] they basically are the same effect, not much of a diffrence [stuned] Right? [saywhat]

Alistair: they basically are the same effect, not much of a diffrence Right?
Hardly Alistair! :D There is a lot of 'cubism' going on here, but the cool effect that dubya posted on the first page of this thread (and the one that I used to post an image) is hardly 'the same'... :p

Back