What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Border Technique

Oh, I like that one too Mark and will definitely experiment! :perfect:
Thanks for the tutorial! :)

ooohhhh... purty....

I have to say I like that one better than the mosaic too. Now I have something else to play with that's going to distract me from work!!!

Darn photoshop site.... hrrrmph...

There's never too many things that can distract us from work, B. Never!! [shhh]

Yes, too true Lee... :D

However, it's explaining this to the boss, and convincing him to keep paying me that's the problem...

:p

Tisk, tusk. I can't believe you're worried about something to trivial as pay, B. ;)

My gosh... your right... where are my priorities!!!! :shocked:

:rofl:

Here`s one done with a DMap .
1) New channel, fill w/ 50%grey, Filter>>Pixelate>>mosaic 102 px cells, Filter>>Stylize>>extrude, blocks, 50, 20. CTRL+A, CTRL+C, CTRL+N, ENTER, CTRL+V, Save As psd (for the DMap.)

2)Filter>>Distort>>displace, 25, -10 Stretch to fit (doesn`t matter here), Wrap around, OK, browse to the the psd you just saved. Open.

3)Copy the Dmap, paste into the disotrted image, set mode to Hard Light.
Filter>>Sharpen>>Unsharp mask. Reduce layer opacity to about 70%.

TADA.

Disclaimer here.

How embarrassing. I just looked at the mug shots thread and there HE was - Bubble. For some reason I thought HE was a SHE because the handle just sounded female. Silly me for assuming anything. I should know better at my age.

Anyway, I take back the comment about if Bubble and I were married our hard drive would be full of fonts. Skip the married part. %} I'm straight. I'll change that comment to if we were roommates, okay? [confused]

God, I seem to get myself in a lot of trouble with my smart a** comments. %}

Another disclaimer - There's nothing wrong with gays, either. I believe in live and let live.

I'm going to go now before I get myself into more trouble. :(

Bye [he runs for the computer mumbling something]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Lee! Look at who's put his foot in his mouth again!!!!

[confused] Why am I not 'surprised'!

docilebob, I really like that technique of yours too and must try it out! ;) Thanks so much for detailing it for us! :perfect:

NOOOOO NOOOO NOO No No... Lee, we could very possible still have a fight for font custody on our hands...

I'm not a boy (yuck!!!) :D

I was just doing a good deed and posting the pics of marine in there instead of the other thread they were in... just doing a bit of file management. ;\

Me thinks I should get a mugshot of me in there to settle this debate once and for all... I'll see what I can do :}

Oh man this could REALLY go in the wrong direction here huh?! :rofl:

Better just nip that in the bud lee (or not!) . haha

db i like your idea, good way to use the effect. Try it on a bigger image though so we can really see what's happening in the image.

I kid a lot about needing "a drink" and my "IV" when actually, truth be known, I rarely drink alcohol anymore. But all this stuff about Bubble being a HE, but wait, now it turns out that SHE was just posting pictures of a HE but is really SHE's acting like a SHE..................... [confused]..........am I making sense?

After THIS thread...........................I NEED A DRINK!!!!!!! A real one! [confused] [confused] :(|

Sorry Lee... well I'm having a wine - so go ahead, have one on me :D (people, minds out of the gutter please)

If I can ever find a driver for my cam, I'll put my pic in the mug thread, so that I can join in the festivities - and put all rumours to rest :p

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Where's my 'depends'????

Sorry... that's all that I can say right now!!!!

[shhh] And Bubble, yes, you best get your mugshot up there real fast!

And once you do, I have a funny feeling that Lee is going to have a 'hayday' with it!

anyways, back to the main subject :\ :D :rofl: I never saw this 3 pg. thread. thats a really nice effect there.

Alistair: I never saw this 3 pg. thread. thats a really nice effect there.
Which one??? [confused]

There have been a number discussed here Alistair! ;) :p

But, it's good to see you getting 'out and about' and, therefore, expanding your PS horizons! [excited]

This has got to be one of the funniest threads since I've been a member here. This forum is not only a great place to learn but a great place to just have some fun and let your hair down. 3[ (whatever this smiley is supposed to mean?????)

Back