What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bowie Blender & Photoshop

Doodad

Hey folks, just a bit of playing around. Since I can't even draw a good stick man, I have to use 3D applications to simulate "drawing" something. Here a little Bowie knife I made using the Opensource Blender 3D, then adding some final touches in photoshop. Very simple

The background is layer masked over the rendered model, then copied again but this time blurred. The layer mask for the blurred layer is a simple gradient to fake depth perspective.

Critique not necessary as I can think of quite a few things myself already :p.

Stick men....haha, me neither! :rofl:
Looks like fun. Is Blender 3D freeware, or did you buy it?

Doodad .. :} :} .... full marks for 'application' ... full marks for perserverance .. I find 3d progs sooooo difficult :cry: .... I don't have your perserverance .. but I'm stubborn (there's a difference) .. lol ... have played with 'animator' (with some success) .. and now have 'blender' [stuned], doubt I'll do much with it that I can post, it looks sooo, umm, 'anti- namvet' ... lol ... anyhow, hope you post more .. it might inspire me

Back