What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brainstorming for Media cover

Kelli

Howdy!

I am currently working on a new design for a publication that I've designed about 4 times in the past. It's an update, so I have to come up with something new.

With that said, I'm wanting to go from an 8 1/2x11 book style to 8 1/2x5 1/2, spiral bound at the top. More of a reference book than a publication.

The book is called A Competitive Guide to Media Facts. I work in the Radio industry, and this book is basically outlining to goods and bads about advertising with ALL media available now (with a bit more info about how Radio could be better).

Now... with so much media going into this thing, I'm trying to come up with a generic type cover, but something that's not boring. Everything I get done is boring!

Does anyone have any sort of ideas that might help?

TIA!
Kelli

radio on cover

:D Go all out ...you said emphasis on radio......well radios are tiny now,(I 've bought super tiny) incorporate a working radio on cover..........I think this would 'catch' & 'hook' persons, just an idea:)

If you can't think of any ideas try looking around at covers of other books. I am not saying copy something to the exact pixel, but gather a bunch of designs that you like and put them together.

...do you get what I am saying \:]

:B

Yep. I follow what both of you are saying.

I think i may need to dig into my idea files. I save interesting designs, die-cuts, etc. that I get in the mail. It can sometimes really boost my thought process. Think I may need to do that today. ugh...

Back