What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

brick walls

bblacj

I want to do a picture with a brick wall background and i want it to be realistic does anyone know any good links to a tutorial for it? \:/

Hello bblacj and welcome to PSG :)
There are quite a few ways to do this depending apon the effect you want.
Here are a couple of examples I have made recently, do any look like the type of thing you are looking for?
Click on the images for a larger version.

This next one has two different walls. The one on the right is the type I think you are looking for.

thanx Toaboogie and Namvet, you know I could of kicked myself for not going into the texturizer. I seen it a while ago, lack of use means out of mind. Now new problem, I'm using screen mode to put text on my wall but it just seem to have that total written on the wall look. How do I make it more realistic?

Just a quick reply as I'm passing, sorry I'm in a dash, so to speak :)
The wall, as I think I mentioned in the thread namvet supplied, is a real photo, that I made a copy of desaturated it and used that as an alpha channel. I think I may have used the same desat' version to run the dis[place filter on the images too. Not 100% about that though.
Seems like you have a few ideas to start with anyway. It would be good if you came back here with what you have managed to produce and then we can take it from there, if needed, to take it to the next level :)
Good Luck
Tao

This is what I'm working with. I'm pretty happy with the grass, I want to add a lil fire in the pic and more writting on the wall but I want it to look like its on the wall.

Nice work bblacj.
I'm out for the day so I wanted to post this quickie up for you to show the writing on the wall heh so to speak :)
thewall2.jpg

I have resized the image for my own practicality but here is a link to the PSD so you can get a better idea of what I have done. Check out the desaturated version in the channels which I used for the lighting effects PSD
I've used two styles of font here as well to show the effect of a better suited font.

you know ToaBoogie that pic opened a can of worms, I got carried away and I'm up to this now.
I got so many ideas racing through my head and I'm not sure if I can do half of them. See I wanna have grafetti for the font. The first pic's font was brooklynkid style but was too light for the wall I was thinking of adding another layer on top of the text and airbrushing over the words to make it show more like it was spayed painted what you think?

Back