What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Bridal Portrait Need Help (Removing bed and Mirror)

AndreaC

I took this pic at a wedding and the room was very tight so no space to move furniture I have been playing with this image for about an hour now (using a mixture of clone, healing and paint tool) but can not remove the bed or the mirror without making it obvious, can someone help?

Attachments

• PS Help.jpg
    7.6 MB · Views: 15

AndreaC

Might just do that was fixated with the "rule of thirds" but will drop my fixation and crop. Thank you.

What would the correct way be to do it though - just curious in knowing what to do if I wanted to edit it out?

Last edited:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
I'm in the process of removing the objects you mentionned without cropping...
I'll have to reconstruct some parts like the invisible tip of the veil.
By any chance do you have another picture matching about that tip, don't mind the brightness, I'll correct that.
It is a precise and tedious work so please be patient...

Last edited:

AndreaC

I have a frontal image, where I moved her a little closer to the window not sure if this would help.? No rush from my side would also be curious when you are done what you did. No access to the room I think I did take that frame down at one point will have a look now.

Attachments

• Matric_BW_0001.jpg
    7.6 MB · Views: 3

Eggy

Retired Moderator
That would help so please upload the photo.
And of course give me an hour or so the finish the job...:D

AndreaC

I was bored so had a go, maybe not what your looking for but something you can work with further
View attachment 79270
Thank you! So much better than my feeble attempts. How did you get the wall to look so smooth? really battled with that... never mind the other elements

Attachments

• Matric_BW_0001.jpg
    7.6 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Pipsmom

Guru
After patching the area to even out the the transition I selected the area then feathered it....... Then applied Guassian blur..... slowly building up the blur on many layers till the effect looked soft in the patched area

AndreaC

After patching the area to even out the the transition I used Guassian blur slowly building up the blur on many layers till the effect looked soft
So you used the patching tool? Need to google some tutorials for future images. I have just been playing and using the gausian blur after edits works a bomb...thanks for that !!

Last edited:

Pipsmom

Guru
No, no patching.
Repaired it as much as you can in small areas never large as they brought in unsatisfactory results when applying the content away fill. Its not perfect every time and not way to control that, so take away small area then use the clone stamp alternating with the adjustment brush with you will have to adjust the hardness anywhere from 60-70% keeping it soft on the edges so its not seen.
I opted to remove the wood floor molding along the carpet too.....but I was just playing with that as I hate that in pictures . LOL

Eggy

Retired Moderator
In the first place patience...PS isn't a one click thing.
Knowledge of all the available instruments, cloning, cutting piece and adding them, content aware scaling, blending ect...
If you really want I can upload the PSD file but I must warn you, I tend to forget to name my layers :frustrated: but if you hold your cursor on the particular piece and press CTRL+right mouse button that part will light up in the layers panel...

BTW, I wouldn't have removed the bed and so on. See it as the bride getting ready for her marriage, standing in front of the window for the last time (assuming she moves away) and contemplating the view she had for that part of her life. It is adding something, but hey, some like it, others don't so...

AndreaC

In the first place patience...PS isn't a one click thing.
Knowledge of all the available instruments, cloning, cutting piece and adding them, content aware scaling, blending ect...
If you really want I can upload the PSD file but I must warn you, I tend to forget to name my layers :frustrated: but if you hold your cursor on the particular piece and press CTRL+right mouse button that part will light up in the layers panel...

BTW, I wouldn't have removed the bed and so on. See it as the bride getting ready for her marriage, standing in front of the window for the last time (assuming she moves away) and contemplating the view she had for that part of her life. It is adding something, but hey, some like it, others don't so...

Don't worry about the labels ;-) would appreciate the PSD file just so that I can learn something from this exercise.