What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brown Scale Water Color Effect

gngqp8

Hey everyone this is my first post and would like to thank all of you for your help a head of time.

I've wanted to start a small T-shirt line at my local college of all brown scale images on white shirts. the brown scale is to simulate a coffee stain water color effect. So far what I've been able to do is create multiple layers of the image with different opacities, attempting to isolate the browns, and fade the edges to simulate spill. I know there is an easier & more effective way to achieve the effect I'm looking for. Possible custom filter? or preset effect?

attached is a logo I've made for reference to the final effect i"m looking for

Attachments

• Coffee Stain (coffee).psd
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
Your psd is not much help since you offer us the flattened one which you could simply have uploaded as a jpeg. Perhaps if you load the original psd with layers, we could take a look. I'm not really sure what your question is at this point.

the image is of actual coffee stains i cut around the paper to make the letters with the poly select tool. I want to know if i can recreate this effect/color of a coffee stain. so instead of having a black and white image colored in a black to white scale, i want a brown to white, then use a brush tool i assume on the edges to give it a spill effect.

Back