What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brush hardness in PS 7

Carl

Hi forum folks,
I am busy trying out the new features of version 7 of PS, but I am still a regular guest :)
This is my question. In version 6 you could change the hardness of a brush without having to create a brand new brush. I kind of miss this feature in the new version. I know you can make a new brush with the hardness one wants, but it's kind of tiresome to do this every you need a softer brush. The SHIFT-Bracket option just shows the density of the brush changing, but no percentage box. Does somebody know where I can change the hardness in PS 7 by numbers?
Thanks in advance
Carl

theKeeper

Guru
Hi Carl, welcome to the board.

Carl open the Brush Palette. (ALT+W+B)
Look to the top left side and you should see 2 heading tabs, one above the other -- where the brush option names are shown -- "Brush Presets" & just below that "Brush Tip Shape". Click that tab. Then look to the right side of the palette window and you'll see the old PS6 brush options; including adjusting Hardness via a percentage slider.

Carl

Hi Mark,
Guess I missed that second tab somehow[oops]
Thanks for the reply.
Carl.