What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brush Issues

Ruidoso Bill

Ok, I do Real Estate Photography. I typically blend ambient shots with Flash shots. I have been doing this for 10 Plus years. Many times I mask the blown out widow exposures with the flash exposure which shows the window pulls. I mask the windows, invert the selection shift control I, and start painting Brushing in the nice ambient light. Lately after maybe my last update it just isn't working anymore. No matter how High I set the flow it just doesn't paint over things like fan shadows etc. I have rest the tools, still no joy, why does this stuff change and cause me so much pain? I need help, Please, work is stacking up and I can't fix this issue.

You might try deleting the prefs file, then start PS and let it create a new one. I would save settings first -- workspaces, keyboard shortcuts, etc., so you don't have to re-do all of those.

Hi @Ruidoso Bill
That indeed is some strange behavior.
Resetting the tool(s) rules out some sources of problems.
A big guess is that maybe you are not using the brush tool but rather in the same tool group using the Color Replacement tool. That would certainly have similar behavior under certain conditions.

It might help forum members debug your issues if you shared some full screenshots and maybe even better a save of your PSD file right when you are having this problem.
Just a suggestion.
John Wheeler

Back